• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk 9mm hosts.

With the right ammo, it's awesome. Definitely not .22 quiet, but still pretty darn good.

I can shoot 115 grain standard ammo with no ears and no ringing afterwards- but there's no pretending it's quiet. I had some old Master Ammo (?) 147 grain subs that were great. Just sounds like a thunk-ssshhh. I wouldn't let loose with it in the backyard, but if I did it wouldn't draw too much attention.

Cleaning isn't a big deal either- I thought it was funny that the other company advertised their "Click to Assemble" baffle stack- the Guardian is the same, they just don't advertise it that way.

Glad to hear it. I have some of the Federal American Eagle "Supressor" ammo that I'm going to use with it and my XD.

Ill throw in my two cents.

For the pistol I chose and kept the hk usp. I've owned glocks, Cz , beretta and quite a few others.

For the rifle I'd love a mp5 but I got my colt 6450 9mm carbine for half the price and imo its quieter than the mp5.

Just tested out my new Octane 9 HD on my Glock 23 with a lonewolf conversion threaded 9mm barrel using Georgia Arms 147 gr ammo and I was impressed! I don't know if my .22 lr can sucks (Gem-Tech Alpine) but man it sounded just as quiet, I will have to do a side by side.

Just tested out my new Octane 9 HD on my Glock 23 with a lonewolf conversion threaded 9mm barrel using Georgia Arms 147 gr ammo and I was impressed! I don't know if my .22 lr can sucks (Gem-Tech Alpine) but man it sounded just as quiet, I will have to do a side by side.

Speaking of a side by side, you have any interest in meeting me at the range one day- I've got a Huntertown Guardian 9 and a Zephyr XL .22 can that I'd love to hear next to someone else's suppressor. I have an Octane 45 paid for, but I don't expect to take ownership before the 4th of July. At least.

Don't just buy any subsonics you see. All companies load subsonics differently which means they will sound and perform differently. Buy a box or 2 of each companies and find whats best for you. I find that anything with a long ass barrel, will run any subsonics pretty quiet like the MP5.

Back
Top Bottom