• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk a little about carrying...

Cprice2623

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
21   2
Reaction score
I had a pretty cool, mind opening discussion with an older gentleman last night, as we were discussing open carrying, compared to concealed carrying as well as where you put your holster carrying concealed and where you wear it open carrying. I never thought to wear a chest rig, but no doubt in some situations, that would be best for me I think.
I've ALWAYS appendix concealed carried, but not so sure I'm going to any longer.
Honestly, I think I own like 2 owb holsters and have used them for hunting season only. Never though of depending on the situation, what I'm wearing, and where I am going to usa a owb holster and just wear a light jacket or linger shirt.
I'm kind of curious as to what everyone preferences are, and why or why not you should or shouldn't carry a certain way.
Is your setup truly "comfortable" or do you find yourself taking your gun out, before you get into a vehicle to drive, or wanting to take it off your person as soon as you are home or get to your destination?
I know I'm gonna order a couple things today, but really curious as to what everyone suggests and prefers before I pull the trigger on some things.
Thanks y'all, and I appreciate the advice and info in advanced!

Body shape affects how people can carry effectively and (hopefully) comfortably. Typical clothes a person wears, which has a lot to do with the climate, affects things too. So not everyone is the same everywhere.

I'm often wearing shorts and a t-shirt. P365 IWB is normally what I carry. It's comfortable enough. Yes, the chamber is loaded.

Body shape affects how people can carry effectively and (hopefully) comfortably. Typical clothes a person wears, which has a lot to do with the climate, affects things too. So not everyone is the same everywhere.

I'm often wearing shorts and a t-shirt. P365 IWB is normally what I carry. It's comfortable enough. Yes, the chamber is loaded.
For sure! Depending on what I am wearing for the day, usually influences what gun I grab, and where I'm gonna put it.
I'll be honest, I was always taught to carry without one in the chamber, and to rack on the draw, but I think that I am gonna change that up.

Only bringing that up because an OWB holster is always more comfortable for me to use but my weapon is never exposed.
Oh most definitely more comfortable wearing an owb holster, I like it better than inside as well, but even when I'm carrying owb holster, it's covered up. I think the only time it's not, is when I'm hunting, and even then it's covered up on my chest or side.

Only bringing that up because an OWB holster is always more comfortable for me to use but my weapon is never exposed.
That is the way I carry also, if you open carry it’s like wearing a sign on you back. You will be the first to get **** by a perpetrator. Never show your hand. OWB is most comfortable to me.

That is the way I carry also, if you open carry it’s like wearing a sign on you back. You will be the first to get **** by a perpetrator. Never show your hand. OWB is most comfortable to me.
Yeah, yup! It's like a flashing sign saying "me first".
And of course there's plenty videos of people open carrying, with no self awareness at all what do ever, and get their gun taken off their hip...

Back
Top Bottom