• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk a little about carrying...

I pocket carry a G42, or appendix carry a G26.

90% of the time, it's the G42 in my pocket. More comfortable for sure. Pocket carry does necessitate weekly cleaning.....
That being said, no matter what, it has a round in the chamber. For me, appendix is easier than 4 o'clock iwb. I've always hated jackets and coats, so don't carry owb unless it's straight open carry.

I tend to use a vedder light tuck holster that allows me to tuck my shirts in, and still conceal very well. (My granddaddy would roll in his grave if he ever saw me in public with an untucked shirt............... 50 year habits don't break easy)

The arguments to carry with an empty tube are all dismissible.

Don't trust the gun? Then get one that you can trust.
Don't trust your holster? Get a better one.
Don't trust yourself? Train/practice until you do.
Random country does it. So? Random countries' militaries do stupid things constantly. Know the why behind it. One will find the reasons are not applicable to the armed citizen.

What's unfortunate is the "need more training" crowd set themselves back in two ways at once.
They will be slower in getting the gun into the fight even if they've practiced that technique extensively. Which is ironic because if they've trained to be fast with that system, why not have become proficient in gun handling in general so as not to use an inferior method in the first place? I digress.....

So say they haven't practiced that style of draw, now they're even slower to get the gun in the fight.

And all of that is predicated on the assumption that they'll always have both hands available to perform said action, or a good surface to rack the slide off of.

If you're having to draw your weapon, you're usually already behind the curve. Adding unnecessary movements and manipulations are not advantageous.

It's a free country and folks can do what they want, but don't pretend that it's the wise course of action. And understand that you will be seen as self-inhibiting.

No one is arguing, and it was a post asking what everyone prefers....
I have my reasons for having carried that way, I don't really think that just because someone carries without one chambered makes them an idiot? You sir sound like the only one trying to start an argument....

Argument; discussion = tomatoes; Tomatoes. Lol

Unless required by your job/profesession; carring a gun with an empty chamber is stupid and you are an idiot for doing so. Sorry if that's harsh but it's true. I'll be willing to change my mind but many have tried, all have failed.

It's like thinking you would have time to put your seat belt on before an accident, It's not going to happen.

I can understand keeping firearms in condition 3 around the house or car, somewhere off body. But once you make the decision to carry on body, if you don't trust yourself to carry condition 1, then get better training and learn to trust yourself. If you are worried about the gun breaking, safety coming off, or holster failure then buy better gear.

Every reason I've ever heard about not carrying a round chambered could all be answered by better training or gear.

There is no logical reason to carry on body, condition 3, none. I've never heard of a single one. Don't worry, I'll wait. ;)

Back
Top Bottom