Let's talk about itrader!

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
I just wanted to let you guys know about some stuff with itrader and also get some suggestions/comments on what the policies should be.

First off, everyone should know that I get an immediate email whenever a negative is given, and I usually will look at the comment immediately from my phone. Half the time it is a mistake and the comment will be something like "Great guy, would deal with again!" I just change those to positive and that's it.

Other times I will get two in a row, usually the first is legitimate and the second is retaliation. Depending on the comment, I will usually immediately remove the retaliation rating, as it usually says "This guy sucks" or something along those lines.

I just want you guys to know this so maybe we can avoid some unnecessary stress and frantic PM's. If you make a mistake or you get a retaliation rating, please wait ten minutes and check the rating again before you send me a PM. Nine times out of ten it will already be fixed. I can fix it real quick from my phone but it takes a couple minutes to respond to a PM so I usually wait until I get home to do any responses.

Currently this is the only rule for itrader ratings:

We have the itrader feedback system installed on the site and I suggest people use it. Feedback can be given for any deal that at some point is considered by both parties to be “done.” Do not commit to hold an item and do not commit to buy an item if you are not serious about it. I look into all negative feedback given and it needs to be supported by posts or private messages for it to remain. If someone commits to buy or sell an item make sure you hold on to any private messages until the deal is done and everyone is happy.

I will be adding this stuff when I update the rules next:

I will no longer immediately "investigate" all negative ratings. I will read the comments for a negative rating and if it sounds legitimate I will just leave it UNLESS I get a complaint about it. So if you get a negative rating and it stays up for at least ten minutes you need to send me a PM and then I will look into it.

Right now, I personally judge all the ratings. I do not keep any records of what a comment was or why it was removed. I just look at it, "investigate" if I need to, and keep it or delete it. I get a lot of "why was my negative for so and so removed" and most of the time my honest answer is "I don't know." I know it isn't a perfect system.

Does anything need to be added, taken out, or clarified? I plan on updating/clarifying the rules sometime in the next week. One thing I've been thinking about is some kind of "appeals" process for when a negative is not removed but you think it should be. What do you guys think?

Well since you asked ....

I had a guy completely waste my time for 2 days, held up legitimate sales on my item and then welched on the deal only to never answer any of my messages ...

I left negative feedback on him because I felt I owed it to everyone else on here to let them know to be careful about putting trust in this person ...

2 days later his rating was 100% because the negative was removed ,leading my fellow members to think he was a good guy ....

I was not asked why the negative feedback was left and would not have even known it at all if he had not posted in a friends thread ........ I promptly warned the friend about the welcher because I felt I owed it to him to let him know that guy would waste his time ......

I do not take it lightly leavin folks bad feedback ........ but feel I owe it and am owed it myself .......................... rant over

One thing I've been thinking about is some kind of "appeals" process for when a negative is not removed but you think it should be. What do you guys think?

I think this is good, would it also be feasible to do it in reverse also? Kinda like RNC's question above. It might take up too much of the mods time though, it doesn't seem that we have too many neg feedback on here.

This is why I try to keep all my communication in PM's. Remember, if you are texting a another member it is your word against his. If you keep it in PM's you have all the proof that you got screwed or vice versa.

On the appeals notion, perhaps the very first bad feedback would not count against the seller-trader in any way. After the first one all future ones would stand. Maybe it could take form in a one time "bad feedback" removal request per user. Once they use it...that's it. Kind of like "no contest" traffic ticket or something.

Or maybe you could allow the person to respond directly to the bad feedback within the section where people view it- right underneath the bad feedback, to get both sides of the story.

Thats why I think iTrader is somewhat of a joke... People are scared to leave negative feedeback...

I'm not, I'll leave negative feedback if it's deserved. I did leave negative once and after the other guy explained the situation to me, I realized I made a mistake and asked Steve to remove the feedback and he did. Everything worked out the way it should have.

I think an appeal process would be good, I'm just afraid it would waste too much of Steve's time. But I think Shovel is correct, I know several people who legitimately should have left negative feedback, but didn't want to deal with receiving a negative in retaliation. I don't know what the solution is.

Back
Top Bottom