• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk about itrader!

Thank goodness all of my interactions with folks on here have been positive

X2 .

You guys should be proud of what you have given us . THANKS ( Pat on the back )

This is a great site to voice your opinion , find what you need , want , input , suggestions , meet great people you may have never met & the stronger the site gets the harder it will be for them to turn us into another California .

Thank goodness all of my interactions with folks on here have been positive

x3, But I want to know when someone is screwing over the other members in case I'm thinking of entering into a deal of any kind. I certainly don't want to be wasting my time with somebody who might end up welching or ripping me off. Time is too valuable and life is too short. If I see a negative rating on somebody when I see something I want, I know I don't need to be wasting my time with them. Just my .02..........

i'm glad os is at least willing to be involved. most sites wash their hands on feedback. too much time involved. but itrader is toothless if retaliatory feedback is allowed.

Thats why I think iTrader is somewhat of a joke... People are scared to leave negative feedeback...

Although (thankfully) I have had very positive experiences with all my trades done through this site, I don't think I would hesitate to leave negative feedback if the situation warranted. I really like the feedback system and think that if used properly, it is a very useful tool. In fact, it's one of the things that really attracted me to the site. I feel like I can "trust" people if they have good feedback. I also think that simply having a feedback system in place makes people think twice about doing something shady in a deal, because they know there is a good possibility it will end up being public knowledge if they back out of a "done deal", for example.

However, in light of this thread (you don't think about situations like presented in this thread until they occur, I guess), I can see how "policing" such a system causes problems from a logistics standpoint, since it would all fall on OS's back, I presume, to make sure everything is done fairly. There are only 20 or 30 or so people who work in my office and the amount of whining that goes on during any given day is ridiculous. I can't imagine with a site like this how much crap along these lines OS has to sift through every day.

I like the feedback system the way it is currently set up and hope that there is a way to resolve these kind of issues without having to remove it altogether. I think I will try to follow Riddle's advice and make sure I get all my communication in PM's, so in case there is a problem there is something in writing to back up my position. I think that what has been suggested, being negative feedback isn't investigated unless specifically requested by the user who received the negative feedback, may be a decent solution.

Or maybe you could allow the person to respond directly to the bad feedback within the section where people view it- right underneath the bad feedback, to get both sides of the story.

I think this would just produce "retaliation" posts, which I believe is what we are trying to avoid?

I've never had to use it (negative) but I agree that it probably serves as a deterent, just because folks know that it can be used. There has only been one instance where I considered using it but the fact that the final plans were done over the phone and I had no proof to back me up led me to just let it pass. In all honesty the guy really might not have been able to "find Cartersville" which was his side of the story.

Any way OS and the other mods who devote their time to keeping this the best site on the web want to handle it is okay by me as long as it is still in place in some form.

This is why I try to keep all my communication in PM's. Remember, if you are texting a another member it is your word against his. If you keep it in PM's you have all the proof that you got screwed or vice versa.

i had emails and pm's and it didnt do anything for me. i wont use the negative feedback anymore.. no point.

It's not perfect, but it isn't worthless either. If someone has a negative it pretty much means there was a done deal and it fell through. That is really the only reason that I allow a negative to be given. If a negative was removed then I must not have been able to determine that a deal was done. And all the info has to be in PMs or threads, there is no way for me to tell if an email or text was made up.

I don't let negatives stand for things like taking too long to respond, low balling, being rude, etc.

And while itrader isn't perfect, it certainly isn't worthless. All it is there for is to give you an idea as to whether the person you are dealing with is going to follow through with what they say. Just because someone has 40 positive ratings doesn't mean they won't screw you over. It's not likely, but it is a possibility.

What everyone should do is send a PM that says something similar to "So we have a done deal?" and then if they reply with yes, you are both on the hook for feedback.

To those who do not leave negative feedback because they are scared of the return negative feedback, please, leave the negative feedback. Say why and how you were wronged so that others can benefit from your bad experience. King has already said he can and will take a look at the negative feedback and resolve the issue. I find the itrader to be a good tool. I may or may not decide to trade/sell/buy based on the information on itrader, but at least I have some additonal info. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom