Libtardedness to the max...

Thank God I saw this before I spent anymore money and time on CCWs. I see the light Diane, forgive my foolishness in thinking I could defend myself.

FOR TRADE - Sig P238 + 6 mags and two Stoner holsters + two boxes of .380 Hydro Shoks in EXCHANGE for an I-phone, not more than two years old.

Thank God I saw this before I spent anymore money and time on CCWs. I see the light Diane, forgive my foolishness in thinking I could defend myself.

FOR TRADE - Sig P238 + 6 mags and two Stoner holsters + two boxes of .380 Hydro Shoks in EXCHANGE for an I-phone, not more than two years old.

serious????:love:

Ha. Ha............yes amen you have seen the light brother.........you must leave it all up to the Police, they may get there long after the fact and someone my die, but you will have peace knowing you did the right thing by not defending yourself.............:rip:

Yes, this was complete crap. They stacked the deck as much as they could against the "armed citizen" and then when he inevitability failed, they say "SEE?? Arming citizens doesn't work!"

Of course this is a biased piece with a skewed message.

IMO, I don't think that the video presents a skewed message.

I don't see that "stacking the deck" is unrealistic at all. If you think about it, the deck will almost always be stacked against the armed citizen. The bad guy already has a mindset to commit mayhem. The element of surprise is in his favor; and more importantly, he already has a firearm in his hand. The armed citizen has to react to the unexpected beginning with empty hands. Reacting to a situation where a firearm is already being pointed (and possibly already being fired) at you is a whole new world compared to punching paper at the range. Those who have been in such a position will understand...while others will have no clue about how stress levels can suddenly skyrocket. The only advantage that the armed citizen might have is that the bad guy doesn't know he is facing armed opposition. If his attention is diverted elsewhere, the armed citizen might have a chance to access a weapon and attempt to neutralize the threat.

Don't misunderstand me. I am an avid proponent of gun ownership and carrying for self defense. I have years of experience and training with firearms; but I recognize that there are lots of scenarios where I would still be at a distinct disadvantage even though I was armed. Carrying a concealed weapon doesn't magically make one safe...it only gives you a fighting chance at being safer.

Back
Top Bottom