Libtardedness to the max...

Has anyone shot simunition through a modified training Glock before? It is what we use for training and very accurate and realistic and also hurts like he!!. IMO. I still do not see the anti-firearm message.

The only valid point I see in this video is that the average joe doesn't have the training or mindset to be effective in this type of situation. Blowing out the x ring on a static range is not the same as as engaging targets in a dynamic situation. I have experience using sim rounds with both rifle and handgun, I have seen excellent marksmen screw the pooch inside a shoot house, this type of preparation takes immense amounts of training to be effective. This video is rigged, anyone with AT training will position themselves where they can observe their surroundings and allow for a reactionary gap; the front row simply won't cut it. Yes I feel this video tries to portray cc as futile...

More sensationlized media. I couldn't even watch the whole thing, because I cannot stand Diane Sawyer, I'm not sure if it's her voice or way she makes everything she covers seem like the end of the world.

Has anyone shot simunition through a modified training Glock before? It is what we use for training and very accurate and realistic and also hurts like he!!. IMO. I still do not see the anti-firearm message.

It's harder for us to see because, as several have pointed out, one obvious takeaway message is "get training". Think about your average sheople, though...are they going to consider that? I don't think so. It's just going to reinforce the idea that regular people have no business having guns in public. That was the intention of the report. Had to be...or they wouldnt have stacked it so bad against the carrier.

If they were really interested in showing reality, they wouldve also tested some real gun nuts with some real training. And they would have had a control group with no armed student or something so that the "shooter" didn't know whether they were going to be facing armed victims or not. Or they would have used equally untrained shooters...not every criminal who shoots a place up is a trained gunman who knows exactly who they need to take out first before they ever show up.

It's possible to take a productive message out of this, but the intent was quite obviously anti-gun.

The test may have been BS and limited to that type of terror attack, but the point is very valid. Reacting to a high stress situation takes some nerve. Without proper training, the chances of you actually helping others or even yourself with a firearm are minimal. That is, of course, in this particular scenario. There are other situations where you may have more time to think, take cover, etc.

I don't see anything wrong or blatantly political here. The only part that was a bit idiotic was the part about video games and movies. Only kids and grown idiots think using a gun is as easy as in movies or games. That kind of led me to believe this message was geared more for college students advocating to carry guns on campus. Hence, the very limited but specific test environment.

sure, training is EVERYTHING. Im sure if you take people who have never fired or trained with guns and put them in that situation the out come would be the same. You could tell is was rigged though. The shooter shot the teacher then went right for the student with the gun after that. Even when the kid ducked for cover. Thats bs.

It's harder for us to see because, as several have pointed out, one obvious takeaway message is "get training". Think about your average sheople, though...are they going to consider that? I don't think so. It's just going to reinforce the idea that regular people have no business having guns in public. That was the intention of the report. Had to be...or they wouldnt have stacked it so bad against the carrier.

If they were really interested in showing reality, they wouldve also tested some real gun nuts with some real training. And they would have had a control group with no armed student or something so that the "shooter" didn't know whether they were going to be facing armed victims or not. Or they would have used equally untrained shooters...not every criminal who shoots a place up is a trained gunman who knows exactly who they need to take out first before they ever show up.

It's possible to take a productive message out of this, but the intent was quite obviously anti-gun.

Still don't see it. I thought it was encouraging others to carry....IMO....I'm not arguing...I just don't see it....

Notice how every one of those kids was wearing a loose-fitting long-sleeved shirt which was 3 sizes too large? There is probably a good reason you never see SWAT team guys wearing crap like that. Try drawing handgun wearing that getup. I would bet they had some funky holster with a switch as well, or maybe one that you have to tilt the gun forward to draw.

-What a load. Never trust these network jerks! Remember when they rigged with model rocket motors to make the pickups to explode in a minor crash? Remember when they faked all sorts of Bush national guard documents?

Never trust a journalist. I have worked in the business. You can sit down with one of these guys and come out looking like you are saying something totally different from what you are. Clever editing can hide more facts than most people could imagine. The national guys are sneaky, horrible people-don't put anything past them.

Last edited:
So, some take away from this "report" that permit holders should devote a lot of time to training. Ok, training is fine. But as dunkel and others have already touched on, the so called "report" was obviously slanted in an attempt to persuade the masses (mostly idiots) that civilians shouldn't carry guns. The supposed "permit holder" had no idea a shooter was about to enter the room, whereas the shooter knew where the permit holder was sitting in advance and went straight for him/her after the two seconds spent shooting the instructor. Complete bs. I have spent more hours than I care to admit in classrooms like that and I always sat in the back rows, as close to a door as I could be. And most people do the same. It's natural to want to have your back to a wall and be able to see who's coming and going, as you stand the best chance of defending yourself against a threat.

This is the media's way of saying that they don't like the carry laws a lot of states have. They want it to be like California where you have to do 3000 hours of training and jump through 100 burning hoops to be able to carry a steak knife.

Last edited:
Yes, this was complete crap. They stacked the deck as much as they could against the "armed citizen" and then when he inevitability failed, they say "SEE?? Arming citizens doesn't work!"

Of course this is a biased piece with a skewed message.

I agree with this statement most....HOWEVER...

Training, Training, Training cant be stressed enough...

And not just hollowing out the center of your target at the range twice a week. Unholster and reholster drills hundreds if not thousands of times in different clothing and outfits....constantly evaluating your surroundings at all times....shooting and hitting your target under duress (ie, sprinting, running or even pushups in place before shooting).....training under duress will help you realize how your body may act/feel in a real situation...

Not that you guys dont know, im not berating any of your knowledge or abilities.

Although I hate media spin, there are good things to take from this.

Back
Top Bottom