• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Life Advice?

Listen, guys. I’m not trying to sit here and ***** and moan and make excuses and pin all my problems on my ADHD (if this even exists) the only reason I even brought this up in the first place was to explain why I was declined by recruiters. I’m simply just looking for my purpose in life and figured some of you older, wiser, and more life experienced folk on here may be able to help point me in the right direction. By no means am I trying to stir the pot.

Let Mike Rowe try to help you along: https://www.mikeroweworks.org/

And part of the college/university experience to to figure out exactly what you're trying to figure out. The first two years are devoted to getting a broad cross-section of basic skills and knowledge, and exploring areas previously unknown to you. Sometimes you just chance into a field of study that really grabs your attention.

Sounds like officer material to me.
Or the Marines? I can't believe the Marines turned him away due to ADHD. I thought that was a requirement. JK. Good luck in your endeavors. Make some sort of plan and try to set goals along the way that you could accomplish. Don't wander aimlessly through life or you'll wind up like me.

I’m sure a lot of you guys forgot about this thread by now, and I know many of you weren’t expecting, or care to see an update.
However, I wanted to let y’all know. I took everyone’s suggestions and input to heart. I greatly appreciate everyone who offered their advice and wisdom.
I’m doing a lot better now though. I got my ass back in school, I picked up some new hobbies to keep my mind busy, I reached out for help, I found god, and I ultimately made a game plan for life.

Just wanted to post a quick thank you.
Much love, ODT.

I’m sure a lot of you guys forgot about this thread by now, and I know many of you weren’t expecting, or care to see an update.
However, I wanted to let y’all know. I took everyone’s suggestions and input to heart. I greatly appreciate everyone who offered their advice and wisdom.
I’m doing a lot better now though. I got my ass back in school, I picked up some new hobbies to keep my mind busy, I reached out for help, I found god, and I ultimately made a game plan for life.

Just wanted to post a quick thank you.
Much love, ODT.
Well, that's more than probably every one else combined who read this thread. ;) Well done and keep moving forward!

Get a full time job in something that interests you. I went to college and got a degree in chemistry! Just retired from Firestone, 32 years . Need to pay the rent and such. It will work out, also went on the GI bill after 4 years in the USCG!
I was older than most of the others, but the young ladies sure were inviting

GOOD LUCK

Good to see you’re doing better, I’m 22 myself will be 23 Friday. I struggled with “finding my purpose” what I learned was let it come to you. A year ago I graduated college and had no clue what I wanted to do. Working full time now has showed me what I like and don’t like but always remember everything isn’t gonna be gold, there’s always bull but you gotta learn how much you can tolerate. You are not alone, many people go through this. I’m not doing anything related to my degree. My advice is don’t go searching, let it come to you. Keep your mind busy!!

The obstacle is the way!

Good to see you’re doing better, I’m 22 myself will be 23 Friday. I struggled with “finding my purpose” what I learned was let it come to you. A year ago I graduated college and had no clue what I wanted to do. Working full time now has showed me what I like and don’t like but always remember everything isn’t gonna be gold, there’s always bull but you gotta learn how much you can tolerate. You are not alone, many people go through this. I’m not doing anything related to my degree. My advice is don’t go searching, let it come to you. Keep your mind busy!!

The obstacle is the way!
Very well worded. Thank you for your input, and happy early birthday!

Back
Top Bottom