• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

List of GA Based Gun Stores:

So THIS is where this thread went ! I recall that we had a list of Georgia gun stores and brick-and-mortar FFL dealers going here at ODT, but I forgot how to find this thread. Now I'll be able to find it again more easily.
I need to visit more of these shops in person, and contact others by phone or postal mail, to see about them stocking the Georgia Weapons Laws booklet.
We've got about two dozen retail dealers carrying the book now, but most are in the Atlanta metro area, and most of those we have personally visited since they're close to both of us (the two authors). Other dealers far from Atlanta are the ones we need to contact next.

Stoddard's Range and Guns, 485 Bishop Street, Atlanta. This is behind Atlantic Station off of 17th street. 34,000 square foot store and indoor range. Should open Dec 1 or thereabouts.

Cumming, Georgia (Midway)

David Susman
21st Century Weapons
2020 Grasslands Parkway
Alpharetta, Georgia 30004

Only Open by Appointment ONLY!!!
Machine Guns, Suppressors, Sniper Rifles, Manufacturing, Sourcing and Distribution
FFL/SOT Since 1998

Last edited:
T
MARIETTA:

Smyrna / Marietta: Adventure Outdoors: 2500 South Cobb Drive Southeast (may be the old address but they're right down the street: Probably the largest selection of guns, trying to become the "super store" of outdoor goods, run good sales on guns and ammo from time to time.

Marietta: Deercreek Gunshop, Inc. 280 Fairground Street, NE

Marietta / Austell: Wild West Traders - Austell Rd at Windy Hill. Good range and decent selection of guns.

Marietta: Ga Firing Line - Canton Rd at Piedmont Rd. New range and good selection of guns.

Marietta: Smyrna Police Distributors 630 Windy Hill Rd SE (770) 434-1986 Sells to LE, FIRE, EMS, ACTIVE/RETIRED MILITARY at DISCOUNT PRICES

MCDONOUGH:

McDonough On the Square Gun & Pawn - 20 Keys Ferry Street (678) 432-4867

McDonough: Academy Sports 198 Southpoint Blvd : some guns but tons of accessories and targets with good prices. Opening another soon in Hiram.

Jackson: Section 8: 316 Lyons Street (678) 774-8320

MILLEDGEVILLE: Central Georgia, 2 hours SouthEast of Atlanta

Milledgeville: Bass and antler. its in milledgville off of 441

MONROE: about 1 hour east of Atlanta

Monroe: Paydirtpawn: Monroe next to the chick-fil-A. 678-635-7012 Guns,Lots of ammo,survival food and gear, knives and coins!

NEWNAN:

Newnan: AR Bunker: 1690 Highway 34 E # D: a little pricey but have a ton of AR's and accessorieS

Newnan: The Trading Post Pistol and Pawn: 15 Baker Rd., Suite 4A (http://www.tradingpostpistolpawn.net/). Not a huge selection and a bit pricey.

Newnan: Tradewinds: 1840 Hwy 154 (http://www.tradewindguns.com/). Very limited selection.

Newnan: Oz Cutlery: 1 E Court Square. Unlimited selection. Rumor has it that he has a basement full of stuff. Can be a bit pricey, but he hasn't changed his prices in years. Store is crammed pack full. I haven't personally been in there in many years, but have heard of good deals from him.

Newnan: Abraham's Gold and Pawn: 145 Temple Ave. Pretty good selection; most of the time.*

Newnan: Gentry Pawn Shop 65 Jefferson St (770) 251-3977 They usually have a small selection of handguns 8 - 12 and a 1/2 dozen Long guns available from time to time. Not a huge selection, but decent prices.

Newnan: Newnan Plaza Shop and Pawn: 167 Greenville St. Been in there once; huge selection of long guns, decent collection of hand guns.

Newnan: Smallwoods firearms: 72 Appaloosa Way, Sharpsburg, GA 30277-2544. A former Newnan police offer, Sandy has an amazing selection of firearms at any given time. Ammo is always in stock, and prices are more than competitive. (glock 19 g3 = $489. as example.) Sandy as an ability to get special orders when others say it doesnt exist. Well worth the trip. (Example- Savage 93R17 stainless, laminated thumbhole, LEFT HAND $359.)

Grantville: Tuckers Pawn Shop: 6456 Hwy 29. Haven't been there in years, but fair selection last time I was there.

Grantville: Lock Stock And Barrel: Outdoor rifle range range (50, 100, 120(ish) yards) and an old clay pigeon launcher that could at any moment take your finger off. Still I go for long range shooting and trap every once in a while. $10 an hour for indoor, outdoor, and trap but he has never charged me for more that an hour and a half. Oh and their prices are quite high on just about everything esle

Palmetto: J&T Pawn Shop 202 Fayetteville Road. Small collection of guns but can order anything you want at a good price, They do transfers. If you have a GCW permit 20 dollars for trans fer if not 25 dollars .

NORCROSS:

Norcross: David's Gun Room- 5074 Buford Hwy selection of firearms and accessories. Pretty pricey. VERY helpful staff though, if you ever drop in ask for Harley.

RIVERDALE:

Riverdale: Guns & Gold Pawn Shop. 7322 Highway 85 B. (770) 994-9001 Store is newly refurbished and expanded. Good selection, friendly folks.

ROME: (North-West Georgia, about 1 hour 15 mins from Atlanta)

Rome: Tom's Gun Shop: 6 Westdale Ave SW: Tom is THE MAN. He has gotten me things that nationwide dealers can't find. I am pretty sure he had the first SR1911 in the state. Prices are ok, but he will usually come down to make them better. Limited selection, but he has a bit of everything.

Rome: Country Sportsman. 2806 Shorter Avenue Northwest, Rome, GA
(706) 291-0053 ‎ Prices suck, customer service is worse, I would rather shoot myself in the face than give these people my money

ROSWELL: (30 mins north of Atlanta)

Roswell: B&B Outdoors / Guns and Gear: 710 Holcomb Bridge Road, Suite 230, Roswell, Ga. 30075 678-352-1720

Roswell: SharpShooters USA: 11261 Alpharetta Highway, Roswell, GA
(770) 500-3473;‎ range with 24 lanes up to 25 yards. $15 for unlimited time.

SANDY SPRINGS:

Sandy Springs - Sandy Springs Gun Club and Range

SAVANNAH:

Garden City: Patrick's Gun Range: 2307 Highway 80, Garden City, GA 31408 (912) 355-0205 ‎ http://patricksuniforms.com/gunrange.php http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...58726550&hl=en

Savannah: Dean Forest Road Guns & Ammo 1550 Dean Forest Road, Savannah, GA 31408 (912) 965-0306 http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...82359906884979

Thunderbolt Island: Thunderbolt Guns 3021 E. Victory Dr Thunderbolt, Ga. 31404 912-355-6555 thunderboltguns@gmail.com Richard I. Berman, Owner, Thunderbolt Guns LLC. Mon-Fri 10-6 Sat 10-5 Sun - closed

Savannah: Mission Essential 13015 Unit E-3 Abercorn St.

Hinesville: Aim Center Mass, Inc. 918-B Hollywood Dr Hinesville, GA 31313 912-408-2006 "Aim Center Mass, Inc. is an indoor shooting range facility located in Hinesville, GA. We offer a selection of quality firearms for sale and rent. We also have reliable firearm repair services. Try our state-of-the-art firing range facility today!"

SENOIA: 1 hour South of Atlanta (just below Peachtree City)

Senoia: Backdoor (BD) Mercantile is located a few doors down the sidewalk from The Bear radio station. Their site is www.backdoormercantile.com
Their handgun selection is better than what is shown on the site.

SNELLVILLE / TUCKER

Snellville: Hilltop pawn: 1882 Athens Hwy customer service. Guys are glock guys all the way. Have answered more questions for me than anywhere else.

Lilburn Mainstreet Firearms on Arcado Rd. a little ways south of Lawrencevile Hwy.Cross the tracks and it's a little ways on the right.

Lilburn Mr.Pawn in the plaza at the corner of Arcado and Lawrenceville Hwy.

Loganville: Deatons gun shop: 4586 Atlanta Highway pricey on ammo but friendly people. Proud of their Xd's

Monroe: Trading place pawn: 1412 South Broad Street prices, indoor range, apex m&p goodies stocked, nice class 3 selection. Can buy a tv and a Hipoint all in one stop...

Tucker: Tucker Gun: 3996 Lawrenceville Highway has got rock river arms ar15 out the door beat prices.

Tucker CJI Firearms In the plaza on the corner of Lavista Rd and fellowship Rd. right around the corner from Tucker Gun.

STATESBORO: (1 hour due West of Savannah)

Statesboro: TC Outdoors, 246B Northside Drive East (I've purchased a gun and several supplys here, good customer service and they will deal with you)

Statesboro: Southeast Gun Supply, 818 South Main Street (Never purchased a gun from them, but they have always been helpful and willing to answer questions. I would buy from them.)

STOCKBRIDGE:

Stockbridge: Ed's Pawn Shop 4431 North Henry Boulevard: big selection of guns and a major Glock distributor. Good for used Glock mags, hosters, etc.

Stockbridge Army Navy store - 5814 North Henry Boulevard (770) 389-3350 Also just opened a indoor gun range

STONE MOUNTAIN: about 30 mins east of Atlanta

Stone Mountain: Stone Mountain Pawn & Gun Shop 4591 Rockbridge Road (404) 299-3773 10am-7pm
The trading post in Newnan is no longer there. They closed and I opened T&T Pawn in that location

Back
Top Bottom