• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Live round eject problem anyone else

Lock up means lock up. Will not slide back

Sigh.

Are you sure it's the charging handle locking up, or the BCG that's locking up. That's what I'm trying to clarify. You stated that the "charging handle locks up", which is a very different issue from "the BCG locks up".

If you don't know what you're doing, they will both seem like the same issue. They ain't.

Can't diagnose and fix your problem unless we know EXACTLY what the issue is.

Handle will not pull back with round in chamber. You can fire the round and casing ejects perfectly and charging handle operates fine

Is it the charging handle that is stuck, or the bolt carrier group?

Keep in mind, that if the bolt carrier group is stuck, the charging handle won't move to the rear.

Have you tried to move the bolt carrier group to the rear without using the charging handle?

Since the person most capable of answering this isn’t being given the correct information to diagnose the problem, I’ll take a shot at it.

All that extra weight on top of your upper is causing the bcg/ch to bind up.

When you shoot, your o-light has a mini explosion causing the brick of optic and riser on top to flex. That allows the gun to cycle.

When you go to cycle it by hand, you’re not being assisted by the mini nuclear energy facility that is your light, and the gun fails to budge.

Maybe one day I can return the knowledgeable information you intelligent dudes have provided. Thxs could not have solved problem without your input. Great odt members

Back
Top Bottom