• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Live round eject problem anyone else

I stop reading at “PSA”

Contact PSA OP, and let them sort it out with that marvelous warranty system they got going.

Edit to add: post this over on AR15.com in the PSA industry thread. The PSA rep, Josiah is his name I think, usually responds pretty quick with a “send me a pm and I’ll take care of it”.

Maybe one day I can return the knowledgeable information you intelligent dudes have provided. Thxs could not have solved problem without your input. Great odt members

I’m still trying to solve your problem. I’ve asked the same question more than once, and you have not answered it yet.

Is it the charging handle that is stuck, or the bolt carrier group?

Keep in mind, that if the bolt carrier group is stuck, the charging handle won't move to the rear.

Have you tried to move the bolt carrier group to the rear without using the charging handle?
Thxs cmshoot? Will try tomorrow. Could just be tight bore. Seems like some people on here like to be comedians. To bad seems like odt getting more of these clowns everyday.

Is it the charging handle that is stuck, or the bolt carrier group?

Keep in mind, that if the bolt carrier group is stuck, the charging handle won't move to the rear.

Have you tried to move the bolt carrier group to the rear without using the charging handle?
Just a question, how would you move the BCG without using the charging handle with a live round chambered?

Just a question, how would you move the BCG without using the charging handle with a live round chambered?
IMG_7823.jpeg

Use a dummy round

Use a non-marring tool, through the ejection port, directly on the bolt carrier.

When you kick a live round out of the chamber, does the bullet have marks on it? The bullet itself, not the casing.

Small nick on spent shells at base of rim

Not the casing, and not the spent shells.

I’m talking about the bullet. The projectile that comes out of the casing when the round is fired. The bullet that is in the loaded round that is getting stuck in the firearm. The round you DID NOT fire.

Are there any marks on the bullet of the ejected round? Would be 4-6 evenly spaced marks around the circumference of the bullet.

Back
Top Bottom