• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loan Officer?

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
Do we have any mortgage loan officers here? Reason i ask, for 16 years I’ve been doing essentially a factory job that pays ok but I’m just not happy doing it. My father in law is a loan officer and on more than one occasion he has asked me if thats something I’d be interested in doing. He’s explained everything to me and this weekend he really pitched it to me harder than he has in the past.

I’m 34 years old and was wondering what is everyone’s opinion that has experience in the field. He claims to average $120k a year, sets his own hours, and says he enjoys it. I’ve never been big on commission jobs but he says if you can get past that mental block of it being commission, you can make some good money.

Depends what end of the industry. Big difference between subprime auto, working with a bank, or an independent institution. Note...I am not a loan officer but have worked in finance and as a real estate agent deal with a multitude of lenders.

Is he a loan officer with a bank, or an independent mortgage broker?

Sounds like he is independent.

My experience with commission positions is that you get out of it what you put in.You have to be comfortable networking with people.

Back
Top Bottom