• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Local 1911 .45 parts?

b4ness

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
7   0
Reaction score
Is there anyplace to pick up a recoil spring plug in the front and a barell bushing? Long story short, bought my first 1911 from my brother, I went to the range without taking it apart and learning about it. When I bought it off him, he showed me quick how it came apart and goes back together a a piece of the takedown lever was broke outside of our knowledge. Went to rack it and the take down lever fell out with one chambered. In the whole process, spring and 2 other parts went down range. I was only able to save the spring.

Lesson learned. Ordered a new takedown lever, but with my lack of knowledge I didn't know other parts are missing.

Jackass of the year goes to me for shutting down a range to save the spring!

Is there anyplace to pick up a recoil spring plug in the front and a barell bushing? Long story short, bought my first 1911 from my brother, I went to the range without taking it apart and learning about it. When I bought it off him, he showed me quick how it came apart and goes back together a a piece of the takedown lever was broke outside of our knowledge. Went to rack it and the take down lever fell out with one chambered. In the whole process, spring and 2 other parts went down range. I was only able to save the spring.

Lesson learned. Ordered a new takedown lever, but with my lack of knowledge I didn't know other parts are missing.

Jackass of the year goes to me for shutting down a range to save the spring!

Also it's a Para, prefer to get the same parts or upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom