• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Local source for 700 SA action?

rightway1974

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Any Remington 700 or model 7 SA actions available around north or middle GA? My local shop doesnt have any short actions so I am on the lookout for one.

I am looking for just the complete action with bolt.

I’ll keep my eyes peeled, but stripped Rem700 lowers can be difficult to find. It’s easier to find a cheap, used, complete rifle with the size action you want, buy it, and strip it down to the parts you want. Pawn shops and other places with used rifles are your best bet.

I have a 700 pss in 308, 26" threaded bull barrel, Bell and Carlson stock, Magpul AICS bottom "metal' that I've been thinking about selling.

Good rifle, just doesn't leave the safe since I bought the same gun already tricked out from cmshoot cmshoot a year or two ago.

Shoot me a pm if it would meet your needs, maybe we can work something out.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have looked at complete rifles on here but its hard to justify spending that kind of money just to get a action. I found a action online but wanted to try local first. Thanks for every ones help.

Tough to find one local. Maybe call APA and see if they have one, but I'd doubt it.

Custom actions are getting more and more competitive in pricing. Bighorn origin will run you around 825, and it's a much better action than a run of the mill remington action that you'll end up paying to have trued. Just another option if willing to spend a bit more money. And you can get pre-fits doe to how tight the tolerances are on some of the aftermarket receivers, which will save you even more money sticking a tube into it.

Back
Top Bottom