• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Location designations

There really needs to be some way to standardize how members post where their location. People are posting North East when they are in Cumming. Cumming is north east of Atlanta but certainly is NOT north east Ga. A large percentage of posts are all using their location in relation to Atlanta and not their location in the state. Living near Augusta, I will see a post that says East Ga. so I will be interested and it winds up being in Conyers.
Maybe when people sign up for an account there could be a map divided in quadrants that you have to click on to determine your location.
I really enjoy the sight and have bought several items from it but it is quite irritating that some think Atlanta is the entire state.

Where do you draw the line? Is Athens NE Ga how about Loganville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you can see in this thread, it would be impossible to get a consensus as areas are subjective. Even listing by county was objected too.

Get your region close, add the location and go with it.

I personaly never shop by location, might be something I want bad enough to travel. Especially by motorcycle.

Many of us list the city that we live in, right in our personal information and avatar area. But, many of us don't. Is there any particular reason that some members feel that listing their home city is not what they are comfortable with doing? Unless you put your home address in your member's info area, what is there to be worried about?

And... I usually try to find a halfway point to meet someone, to make it fair to both parties in the transaction, so how does an exact home location really help, anyway?

Maybe I could interest you in a case of these.......

image.jpeg

Rather than a search option, is there a way to limit ALL classifieds to a radius from my Location?
If not, this would help reduce my disappointment in seeing great deals 3 hours from me.

Rather than a search option, is there a way to limit ALL classifieds to a radius from my Location?
If not, this would help reduce my disappointment in seeing great deals 3 hours from me.

That would require everyone actually putting their zip code in the box correctly when they post the ad. Some choose not to, others must not know what a zip code is.

That would require everyone actually putting their zip code in the box correctly when they post the ad. Some choose not to, others must not know what a zip code is.

This could be partially fixed by simply making the zip code a mandatory fill in the classified ad. It won't stop someone from putting the wrong zip code but it will make them put something. If someone wants to sell something but not put their zip code...I move on to the next ad. Not showing a general location like a zip code makes you look shady in my opinion.

This could be partially fixed by simply making the zip code a mandatory fill in the classified ad. It won't stop someone from putting the wrong zip code but it will make them put something. If someone wants to sell something but not put their zip code...I move on to the next ad. Not showing a general location like a zip code makes you look shady in my opinion.
Then just filter by radius. I presume no or invalid zip code would be excluded.

Back
Top Bottom