Location rant

NGIB

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
Why is it that:

1. Nobody actually reads a thread?

2. Everyone assumes we ALL live near Atlanta?

My location is in my profile and I also specify it clearly in every thread. Never fails that I get lots of offers from the Atlanta area and I respond with "are you coming to Savannah?" I usually get no reply but when I do it's "thought you were coming to Atlanta".

Is it so difficult to read a freaking post? I use Google maps if I don't know where a location is. If I'm not willing to make the trip to meet - I DO NOT start a dialogue...

Last edited:
I agree.

This site is considerably better than other sites at requiring a location though.

I can understand not wanting to put your city but at least put the county you live in, GA is a big state. I love the locations that are listed North GA. Thanks for that, you just narrowed it down to everything above I 20.

I agree.

This site is considerably better than other sites at requiring a location though.

I can understand not wanting to put your city but at least put the county you live in, GA is a big state. I love the locations that are listed North GA. Thanks for that, you just narrowed it down to everything above I 20.

Please tell us your thoughts on understanding why someone would not want to put the city in. I really don't understand that....what's the deal?

Why is it that:

1. Nobody actually reads a thread?

2. Everyone assumes we ALL live near Atlanta?

My location is in my profile and I also specify it clearly in every thread. Never fails that I get lots of offers from the Atlanta area and I respond with "are you coming to Savannah?" I usually get no reply but when I do it's "thought you were coming to Atlanta".

Is it so difficult to read a freaking post? I use Google maps if I don't know where a location is. If I'm not willing to make the trip to meet - I DO NOT start a dialogue...

I'll second that, all of it. I was unaware it was so hard for most folks to use a map, let alone google maps.

I have always thought that you are being a little too paranoid when you don't want to be more specific than North Georgia.

If all the information someone has about you is that you go by "Danger Duck" and you live in Marietta, you are probably safe. Seems like if you were that paranoid you wouldn't be willing to meet a stranger off of a website to buy a gun, it just doesn't add up.

I have always thought that you are being a little too paranoid when you don't want to be more specific than North Georgia.

If all the information someone has about you is that you go by "Danger Duck" and you live in Marietta, you are probably safe. Seems like if you were that paranoid you wouldn't be willing to meet a stranger off of a website to buy a gun, it just doesn't add up.

EXACTLY!! If Iwas that paranoid I wouldnt be willing to meet up with folks period, muchless from a gun website.

Back
Top Bottom