• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Location rant

I don't believe NGIB was expressing displeasure over folks that don't post there location so much as he has a problem with folks that don't pay attention to where the seller/trader is from and makes an offer anyway without taking into account that they are on the other end of the state from said seller/trader. I have experienced the same problem and it's not about folks being mysterious or paranoid, just geographically challenged.

From the look of your avatar, I couldn't have avoided that. ;)

LOL ,,,, ;]

Ive never been able to figure out the deal on why folks wont at least give us their town or county ............. just makes no sense to me whatsoever !.

I mean honestly ..................if it bothers em that much just write ''SCARED'' for a dern location ;0(

wsbrown had my point 100% correct. If you live in Atlanta and have no intention of driving 4 hours for a meet - why do you make on offer? Seriously folks, I make it very clear where I am yet I don't think most folks even read the posts. They must see something they want and just ignore the fact that I've listed a location 4 hours from them. Then when I respond to their inquiry, asking them if they intend to make a road trip - I generally get no response.

All I ask is actually read the threads and if you don't want to travel - don't make the offer...

wsbrown had my point 100% correct. If you live in Atlanta and have no intention of driving 4 hours for a meet - why do you make on offer? Seriously folks, I make it very clear where I am yet I don't think most folks even read the posts. They must see something they want and just ignore the fact that I've listed a location 4 hours from them. Then when I respond to their inquiry, asking them if they intend to make a road trip - I generally get no response.

All I ask is actually read the threads and if you don't want to travel - don't make the offer...

Well Dave the offers are generally so great, I don't see how you can resist... ;)

I have driven all the way to redneckcamo's place several times. Never even occured to me that i shoulda asked him to meet halfway (about 2 miles) :)

Back
Top Bottom