• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LOCKTITE ON THREAD PROTECTOR???'s

I didn't bother with any loctite, just tighten as hard as possible with hand. You can always take it off with pliers wrapped in some leather not to scratch

No love for Rocksett?

I know it gets used on a lot of suppressor mounts. Works for high-temp applications but still dissolves in water if you want to remove it.

Was about to use it on (3) ARs I have a Huxwrx can mount for, but now I'm wondering if VC3 (above) might be a better choice.

Vibra-Tite VC3 doesn’t harden; it turns to a rubber-like consistency. Absolutely ensures that your part won’t remove itself on its own, you’ll still be able to remove your part with simple hand tools, and it does not make a mess.
So much knowledge. I had never heard of the stuff but I will be using it from now on.

No love for Rocksett?

I know it gets used on a lot of suppressor mounts. Works for high-temp applications but still dissolves in water if you want to remove it.

Was about to use it on (3) ARs I have a Huxwrx can mount for, but now I'm wondering if VC3 (above) might be a better choice.

Only use Rocksett on stuff you don’t plan on removing/disassembling again. It can be a PITA, but it’s just the ticket for a muzzle device that’s a suppressor mount. That’s what I use it for.

Totally wrong stuff for a thread protector on a Glock. That thread protector has to be removed to disassemble for cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom