• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Long range shooting near Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

peachykeen

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
anyone know of any places to shoot 400+ yards around the Atlanta area or within an hour or so in any direction? Picked up a 6.5 Grendel AR and wanna see what she can do, or if you have a range set up on your land and feel like being a swell feller I’ll pay to shoot

Riverbend Gun Club in "Dawsonville" (really in between Dawsonville and Canton) has regular rifle matches that are open to the public to any participant, not just Club members. THey shoot at 200, 300, and 600 yards.

But, while it's within an hour's drive of the north side of 285, it's probably a lot longer from the south side.

I was at River Bend on Sat morning. What a great range. Its more set up for rifle shooting, but has pistol and shotgun ranges. Its a big area, with many ranges, up to 600 yds. Most people just shoot there, so it's what you're looking for, but you'd have to join. $1000 intial fee, then $200 per year. Need a couple members to sponsor you as well. Its a well maintained range I'd join if I lived in that area. Its just under an hour from 285/400 intersection.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom