• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look out for ticks

TheGman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
221   0
Reaction score
Warning @ ticks!

So last Saturday I took a quick look at land off Cascade Palmetto (Hwy 70)
Walked mostly on the pulpwood road (wooded trail).

A couple of jaunts into the woods.

Two things if those are your feeders thats me in the photo! Its a listed property agent gave me access.

Main point i picked off nine ticks when I got home both dog and deer ticks.

Apparently a very bad area / year for ticks.

image.gif

I know a guy that was bitten by a tick and can no longer eat red meat. He has a severe allergic reaction if he eats any red meat. The only meat that he can eat now is fish and chicken.

I know a guy that was bitten by a tick and can no longer eat red meat. He has a severe allergic reaction if he eats any red meat. The only meat that he can eat now is fish and chicken.

Yeah the guy I met is from east GA and got it hunting a while back. I remember him saying even chicken messed him up but he could eat fish.

I met a dude who couldn't eat meat because he got bit by a tick that had some kind of disease and gave it to him.

He couldn't eat bacon!!!!

There's a dude on here that had that happen. Dont remember his name. Such horror.

It is supposed to very rare, but I know 3 different people with it. 2 (husband and wife) don't eat any 4 legged meat at all, the third one takes a chance from time to time. He has been brought back from the edge 2-3 times that I know of in the back of an ambulance. The Epi pen doesn't completely bring him back; it takes paramedics. But, it doesn't affect him every time he eats 4 legged meat, so he is willing to take that chance.

Back
Top Bottom