• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Look what followed me home today.

I am still an the fence about a light. I might throw on on there if I can get on for cheap.

Don't put a cheap light on a top of the line rifle. You would not put wal mart plastic "spinners" on a brand new mercedes now would you? Surefire G3 nitrolen incadesent or led lights are not expensive - 60ish and the viking tactical mount is less than 25 bux.

Here's mine.

DDM4 V1. Notice the serial#. When Marty started making them, I jumped and got one of the first ones available.

www.fototime.com_DED04E1A5CDBBD9_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_827F82123E1521C_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_D49156F75FB2AB1_standard.jpg

www.fototime.com_42D501290EBF896_standard.jpg

He can go even less expensive than that.. The Streamlight Polytac C4 LED http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S0IN46/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=hi&psc=1

I have used this light on rifles and shotguns it is also an every day carry light for me. They are durable and reliable. It has a momentary on/constant on clicky tail cap. There are plenty of people using these lights on their rifles. They also work with the VTAC light mount. $60 roughly total for a weapon light set up.
678896v5.jpg
3766534v4.jpg

He can go even less expensive than that.. The Streamlight Polytac C4 LED http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S0IN46/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=hi&psc=1

I have used this light on rifles and shotguns it is also an every day carry light for me. They are durable and reliable. It has a momentary on/constant on clicky tail cap. There are plenty of people using these lights on their rifles. They also work with the VTAC light mount. $60 roughly total for a weapon light set up.
View attachment 98935
View attachment 98936

I have been looking at the polytacs - if they work as well as the surefires I may buy a few next payday. I'm sold on the viking tact mount though. Those and the first samco light mounts (FAS-2) have performed the best so far for me. Thanks for the heads up!

I like Surefire lights, I still use Surefire lights but in certain areas Streamlight has Surefire beat. The Streamlight TLR-1 and the Streamlight Polytac C4 LED are better lights for the money than the Surefire counterpart (X300, G2 LED). It is hard to beat that $100 and $40 price tag. The Polytac has a shorter run time than the G2 LED, but the G2 LED is 80 lumens where the Polytac is 120. I will trade run time for beam.

I like Surefire lights, I still use Surefire lights but in certain areas Streamlight has Surefire beat. The Streamlight TLR-1 and the Streamlight Polytac C4 LED are better lights for the money than the Surefire counterpart (X300, G2 LED). It is hard to beat that $100 and $40 price tag. The Polytac has a shorter run time than the G2 LED, but the G2 LED is 80 lumens where the Polytac is 120. I will trade run time for beam.

Agreed. Believe it or not, I actually prefer the incandescent G2's to the new LED ones. Right now I only run surfire, but I will definately pick up a few of the polytacs. My truck has poly stingers and stingers in it, but I don't mount those heavy bastages..lol.

Back
Top Bottom