• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look who found some new shoes.

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Some of you may remember the sweet nickel M36 no dash I pulled out of a pawn shop a few weeks ago. Anyway, today I stopped in Toms Gun Shop here in Rome and found a set of sweet factory original J frame round butt magnas just sitting on display. I brought them home and I don't know about you, but I think this M36 looks MUCH better.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Not bad considering this is what it looked like when I bought it.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited:
Very nice. Smith grips can be pricey now.

I picked up a 1969 vintage nickel 3" 36 a couple of weeks ago too.

I haven't seen a handful of nickel 3" J frames in the last 5 years. Yours makes the 3rd in the last month.

I haven't cleaned it up yet, but I have fired a few cylinders through it. Needless to say I like it.

I bought it thinking I would clean it up and put it in the safe, but it ain't going in the safe any time soon.

I never imagined me being interested in any 3" J frame period. Especially a nickel one! Times change and my taste

seem to be a changing too.

Attachments

• IMG00209.jpg
    IMG00209.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG00212.jpg
    IMG00212.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
That looks like it should clean up quickly with a bit of flitz followed by some renaissance wax. I paid 300 for the gun, and now 40 for the grips, and the thing is shinning like new. If only I could find some K frame magnas now for my 3" M66 I could stop hunting every gun store I pass

Back
Top Bottom