• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a boiled peanut recipe

I use crock pot but throw small piece smoked ham hock in mine as well as salt and water. Old guy in mountains we used to buy from said thacts what he put in his. They are great. Also we buy raw shelled peanuts from southern states and use when we can't find green ones.

Take a large pot fill with water. Turn on medium heat.
Put raw peanuts as a single layer on baking pan and put in 350 oven. Stir after 15 minutes. Continue roasting and stir again after 10 minutes.
Take out. Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy. Put some eggs or beans or corn or something else that is supposed to be boiled in boiling water.

Take a large pot fill with water. Turn on medium heat.
Put raw peanuts as a single layer on baking pan and put in 350 oven. Stir after 15 minutes. Continue roasting and stir again after 10 minutes.
Take out. Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy. Put some eggs or beans or corn or something else that is supposed to be boiled in boiling water.

^^ Das funny rite dare ^^

Peanuts + Water + Ton of salt

Boil until soft
Damn, Big Boy beat me to it, But as was already posted you gotta have good quality peanuts to start with. We have Hardy Farms peanuts in the stores around here and at their own boiled peanut stands. If y'all have them up there avaid them at all cost! I don't know why but they all stick to the shell and turn to mush.

just water salt and nuts!! but in the ones I've found slow and low works best. I generally will get the water boiling the cut it down right below and let them sit for several hours.

I use Walmart or Winn Dixie Bulk peanuts, 5 lbs at a time in a 20qrt Stainless Pot on my propane cooker. 20 -24 ounces of Salt. Usually cook covered for 5-6hrs. I've found Pickling/Canning salt dissolves the best. For a spicier batch I've used the Zatarans shrimp boil (2bags or 3 or loose box stuff) and added ground Cajun or cyan pepper, let them come to boil for 2-3hrs, shut them off let them sit for 1 hr, boil another 1 to 2 hrs then off again, let them sit for another hr. Then on 'till their done to my liking. The off time soaking really helps lets the spicy or salty water soak into the Peanuts.

Last edited:
I use Walmart or Winn Dixie Bulk peanuts, 5 lbs at a time in a 20qrt Stainless Pot on my propane cooker. 20 -24 ounces of Salt. Usually cook covered for 5-6hrs. I've found Pickling/Canning salt dissolves the best. For a spicier batch I've used the Zatarans shrimp boil (2bags or 3 or loose box stuff) and added ground Cajun or cyan pepper, let them come to boil for 2-3hrs, shut them off let them sit for 1 hr, boil another 1 to 2 hrs then off again, let them sit for another hr. Then on 'till their done to my liking. The off time soaking really helps lets the spicy or salty water soak into the Peanuts.
I'll be glad when I get back down your way and have a Winning Dixie near by. I like Kroger okay but their meat counter really blows.

Back
Top Bottom