• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for a new house and found this one but oh the selective photography. Wow! Damn train right out front

+1 to this. I lived right near very busy tracks for 7 years. When I first moved in it sounded like the train was coming through my living room. There were multiple crossings right at my area so many horn blasts. After a little while I honestly didn’t even notice it anymore.
Same here.

:dance: That’s funny right there. The street view shows a CSX train parked on the tracks right in front Of the house.

The locomotives aren't CSX. Further east is a large GATX railcar storage and repair facility. I suspect this line is designated for long term storage. The locomotives are owned by LTEX and NREX which are both leasing companies and class 1s aren't leasing 50yr old engines right now. Haven't since 2017. I stand by what I said. Worst case you see a train once a day. More likely once a month.

In addition, go to the manor Millwood crossing. There are literally sections of rail missing.

I really wonder if that price drop is some kind of insider deal. It started at 225 which seems a lot more realistic in this market, even with the train.

It does look like a great house though, and at that price you could afford major repairs.
The market for houses is crashing fast. The advertising doesn’t tell you that, but it is.

The locomotives aren't CSX. Further east is a large GATX railcar storage and repair facility. I suspect this line is designated for long term storage. The locomotives are owned by LTEX and NREX which are both leasing companies and class 1s aren't leasing 50yr old engines right now. Haven't since 2017. I stand by what I said. Worst case you see a train once a day. More likely once a month.

In addition, go to the manor Millwood crossing. There are literally sections of rail missing.
10-4 Twitch….. wasn’t debating your point of view, I just thought it was ironic coincidence that a train would be parked there when the street view car drove by.

DB

You have to Google the address and hit street view then turn left. Looks less than 100'.​

8203 Sawmill Rd, Millwood, GA 31552​

View attachment 5020943
If you look it up on google earth, looks like last time there was a train on that track was around 2008 !

Back
Top Bottom