• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for Shotgun 209 Primers

Dean and about 200 more SCTP parents are facing the same problem.
Not enough shells are available for the upcoming season.
Vista/Federal has indicated the Spring orders will be filled, but based on the delivery schedule for the Fall, the delivery date may be delayed.

Imported shells which normally bridge the gap between domestic shipments are becoming more difficult to source.
Several teams have orders with distributors pending from October or November with no delivery date.

Local gun clubs who previously supplemented the supply for smaller teams no longer have the extra inventory and in some cases are struggling to meet their own usage requirement and are limiting the number of shells their customers can purchase.

The supply of powder, wads and lead seem to be returning, but primers are still scarce.
Distributors are saying limited availability for primers for 2022 and into 2023.

If you find 209 primers... even if they are not your favorite brand or you have to pay extra for shipping and hazardous material fees.... buy them. Having the European primers is better than telling our youth they can not practice because we don't have enough shells.

It is shaping up to be another roller coaster of supply and demand for 2022 much like we saw in 2021.

TTT
Loaded some 9 shot shells and took my son to the range. He shot s perfect round of skeet. So I will be needing some more 209 primers.

I did look through my supplies and I have a 1000 box of CCI 300 and a 1000 box of CCI 350 primers I could part with.

Back
Top Bottom