• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to start Vaping!

Bulljacket

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
I really want to quit smoking so I can be around to watch my grandchildren grow up!, I'm looking to buy a vape starter kit. I received a ton of info from Chopper Duke, but I'm still not exactly what I want/need to start with. I've been told to look for one that has adjustable wattage and to get at least a 50w. So if any of you guys have something that would work well for a beginner please let me know. I'm also open to anymore info you might think would help me. Please pm with the price if you do have one that would work for me. Thanks

ps: I have already tried the Blu electronic cigarette, but they don't seem to work well at all.

Get the aspire sub ohm cf mod and an Atlantis tank. I started the same way and rather than buy 4 different setups I'd say just go a bit better from the start. Think I have about 80 in this setup and it capes like a champ

I've been vaping for 10 months haven't smoked since I started. I got a few setups available and I make my own juices now. I have a fuhatten mod with a horizon arctic available for sale bnib.since ive started ive sought out all the knowledge about these which lead me to making my own juices. Ill be happy to give you a hand at a fresh start. More info you can contact me at 6786005940.

I'd suggest looking into the studies coming out showing how bad vaping is as well. You may be trading one bad habit for another. If you want to see your grandchildren grow up, you need to stop it all together, along with looking at your diet and exercise routines. I'm not a full time smoker, but when I do, I smoke organic tobacco with none of the nasty chemicals added. I've had a few friends try the vaping route and now they vape when its convenient and still end up smoking cig's when they can.

I'd suggest looking into the studies coming out showing how bad vaping is as well. You may be trading one bad habit for another. If you want to see your grandchildren grow up, you need to stop it all together, along with looking at your diet and exercise routines. I'm not a full time smoker, but when I do, I smoke organic tobacco with none of the nasty chemicals added. I've had a few friends try the vaping route and now they vape when its convenient and still end up smoking cig's when they can.

Just read this today, this study says vaping is 95% safer than smoking.

http://gizmodo.com/new-report-says-vaping-is-about-95-less-harmful-than-s-1725054213

I tried the blu e-cigs but they didn't do it for me. The VUSE one works pretty well, I prefer it over smoking now, but there is no way one of their cartridges is the same as a pack of cigarettes like they claim. I used to be a pack a day smoker and I can go through 2+ vuse cartridges in a day. Considering getting my own rig since the vuse is getting expensive at the rate I use it.

Just read this today, this study says vaping is 95% safer than smoking.

http://gizmodo.com/new-report-says-vaping-is-about-95-less-harmful-than-s-1725054213

Shooting yourself in the foot is 99% safer than shooting yourself in the head, but I still wouldn't recommend it. :)

Much like we didn't know how bad tobacco smoke was going to be, we really don't know how bad coating your lungs with various (and much more variable and unknown) chemicals is either.

Cold turkey quitting inhaling things is still the best option and should be the goal. IMO.

I wasn't around, but you can look back and see when tobacco was physician approved in the 30's/40's/50's. I agree with JamesG. Too much unknown in vaping. I would assume the quality of ingredients(chemicals?) used varies greatly. Another problem I see with vaping is the wide assortment of flavors. Just sitting with friends who are blowing out grape or strawberry cheesecake, cappuccino etc makes it even more tempting. Do you plan to vape around your grandchildren? I could see that enticing kids to try it for themselves.

Remember when everyone was giving up real butter for Margarine?

I try to stick to things from nature. I'm also able to have more control over my smoking then most, so for me, smoking one or two cig's a day is a better choice than huffing on a vape non-stop like most of my friends do. To each his own! I wish you luck with whatever choice you make.

Back
Top Bottom