• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking to start Vaping!

I enjoy smoking, just don't enjoy the effects of it. If I can get the same experience without as many negatives that would be cool. :D

Is there anything out there besides e-cigs that give you the same "taking a drag" feeling you get with a cigarette?
Yeah go to Colorado, I'm sure someone there can help you out with that..

A lot of questions to be asked here and they are all going to be answered by your personal needs.

Yes, start with a device that has adjustable voltage/ wattage that can fire a sub-ohm tank etc… if and when you go there. I personally like a lung hit as opposed to mouth to lung hit but this will be something you have to work out for yourself.

Higher nicotine levels will require a lower power setting and lower nicotine can be used with much higher power settings. I currently use 2 devices and have owned and used about every type of device out at some point. Currently my devices are an IPV4 and SLUG clone mechanical mod. I use Aspire tanks, Titan and Atlantis / Atlantis V2. I still use from time to time the first Kangertech EVOD VV stick battery I purchased with Aspire and Kangertech tanks (Nautilus and Protank / Aerotank).

I don’t know about Vape Shops in your area and I suggest you visit several and see what they try to sell you. Ultimately you will be the one to decide what works for you. You can start with a small investment and see where it leads and if vapeing will work for you. Where it goes from there is up to you.

I have passed along much of the gear I have purchased to my son and other friends that are trying vapeing and if you know someone they may be able to set you up with something to get you started.

Hit up a couple of local shops and see what they have to offer. Try the juices they have and see if they'll let you try the different devices. My LVS (local vape shop) is awesome and I've gotten to know all the people that work there rather well. I haven't used a tank in probably a year but my needs/ wants are different than someone else.

I smoked cigs for 21 years and could never find one strong enough. Switched to cigars 13 years ago and inhaled them like a marlboro light until my youngest asked me not to smoke anymore. I first stopped lighting up at the "habit times", driving, talking on the phone, after eating, etc. and waited 30 minutes. If after 30 minutes I wanted to light up, I did. I found this cut my smoking in half instantly. I relied on the vape (cheap refillable vista vapors setup) for a few days and now just hit it occasionally in the car. For me it was all about that full feeling in the lungs.

I agree that cold turkey and no inhalation is best but vaping, as an alternative to smoking tobacco is a clear winner if a person is using it as a transitional vehicle to quitting. Use it at the strength you need to get off tobacco, then lower the nicotine in gradual increments until you are just blowing steam. After a while, it becomes more of a pita to keep up with and makes it easy to lay down.

It has been said that we as humans do not ever truly stop an addiction, we just trade it for a different one. If this is the case, choosing a less destructive addiction is obviously a good choice.

Whatever route you choose OP, I wish you the best and encourage you to keep the image of the little ones fresh in mind, they are worth quitting for.

I'm a vaper!! It's awesome! Right now we are fighting the FDA!

I have stuff to sell BTW... ;-)

Here are some great vaping forum's and the links to the items I'm selling... You can also look on YouTube - search for Cloud Chasing and Vaping Start Up kits.

These people are really nice, especially on Vaping Underground!

E-Cigarette Forum

Vaping Underground Forums - An Ecig and Vaping Forum

FS - Authentic Vanilla Mechanical MOD, Stainless... plus a Kanger Tank, etc

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...anilla-mechanical-mod-stainless.736287/page-1

I smoked menthol , pk a day for over 25 years . I went with the Aspire starter kit 2 1/2 months ago , No cigarettes since . Wasted a little money on finding a juice that I liked ( HAUS cool ice & is only 1.8% nicotine ) I get it a Fred's retail store . Found a peppermint flavor at a local vape shop with 0% nicotine that I will start in 2 more weeks . My goal is to be done with cigs & vape in 6 months . I was amazed that I didn't need the cigarettes from day one . Best of luck & be ready for all the new smells or at least the ones you've forgotten . Rainy days are great , Standing behind someone that just threw out a smoke ..... Not so much . Oh & I hate the taste of ketchup now .

Back
Top Bottom