• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loose Dogs

Talk to the owner. Most dog owners will act responsibly once they realize their dog is the source of a problem. If the dog owner is uncooperative and thinks it's his right to let his dog run loose, inform him the game warden is the next communication. Shooting the dog should be a solution of last resort, after a lot of other effort has been made. And be fully aware that the dog's owner will probably try to make trouble for you, right or wrong.

I'm with you!

looks like urban coyotes. no season on yotes, all year long and at night with a light...
you can ask, but most of the time the low life dog owner will get mad at you. then if you do shoot them, he will try and press charges. this thread will get a lot of pro dog flak. but if the need arises, do it quick and clean. dont make them suffer....
And ya better bury them where no one finds them. No deer stand is worth the kind of feud that could come from something like that. It could ruin a lot of deer seasons to come especially if you don't live on the property.

And ya better bury them where no one finds them. No deer stand is worth the kind of feud that could come from something like that. It could ruin a lot of deer seasons to come especially if you don't live on the property.
yep, its always the crap dog owner that starts the feud. the guy who has livestock killed and dogs ruin things, we are always in the wrong.. keep up your dogs, or say goodbye every time you see them..

Reactions: BNB
If there running my deer , they gonna get shot.I have put alot of time and money into my property and to watch some dog come running threw chasing , yes its getting blasted.
oh no, dont kill the dog. its allowed to do as it wants. its owner has every right to let it run free. the dog has the run of the world, you have no rights...
dogs are more important.
upload_2016-12-28_18-57-47.jpeg
upload_2016-12-28_18-58-10.jpeg
images

Some of this advice seems to be skipping past a few necessary points of escalation.Drop of a case of beer, have a chat. If he's an idiot from that point onwards, buy a shovel or call the warden or whatever. At least you'll be doing so with a clear conscience.

Majority of the time if there is a dog around its because someone has dumped them.Had one, one time running towards me, thought he was gonna be friendly but the closer he got.I could see he had the mange and was snarling, teeth justa a gleming.Glad I had the shotgun that day !

When I was a kid, a good while ago, we would use rock salt pack in shotgun shells. Burns them but won't kill them. But that was nearly 40 years ago.

Oh yea it burns, I didn't know it was rock salt. I imagine it hurts just as bad as buck shot.

A freight train conductor shot me as I was running away, right in the butt about 45 years ago.
Avoided my parents for a couple of weeks, could not sit still in school.
Put a hole in my pants, drawers and broke the skin on my butt in a couple places (right where the pockets weren't), burnt so bad I didn't know it was rock salt.

I learned my lesson, don't think I ever hopped a freight train again....

You know I've a 12 gauge press, some rock salt and I can make some up..... :becky:
Anybody want to place an order?

but you would shoot a ghetto punk for robbing your home?
if his family took the time with him and kept him up, he would not rob you.
if a dog gets loose its one thing, if a dog runs loose its another.
i like dogs, but a loose dog is a feral dog, and a feral dog is dangerous...
That's BS and weak justification for shooting someone's pet.

oh no, dont kill the dog. its allowed to do as it wants. its owner has every right to let it run free. the dog has the run of the world, you have no rights...
dogs are more important.
View attachment 1009279View attachment 1009281
images
Poopdaddy

Sigo started this forum to get advice. Not for us to get on here and blast advice givers for their believes. State your case, take your side and that is that.

All dogs running loose aren't feral and some dogs need to get shot for dangerous behavior. But the dogs in question seem to have owners. Owners who live in the country and feel they have the right to allow their dogs to run a little more free than city people.

No one is saying that the dog can do what it wants and the owner has the right. But if you don't say anything than the owner doesn't know. If you inform the owner, which is the right thing to do, and the problem persists. Then you have the right to take what ever action you deem necessary.

Take a minute to ready each piece of advice and digest what everyone is saying before you troll the post with nonsensical ramblings.

Back
Top Bottom