Lost the one who got me into guns today

Not looking for pity. Just sharing.
Lost my grandpa to Covid today. 87 years old and a prime candidate for someone who shouldn't get covid. Overweight, diabetes, COPD, congestive heart failure, stroke, multiple small heart attacks. Really a miracle he lived to be 87. Grumpy old man but he was my buddy growing up. Going to miss him a lot.
It's all his dang fault I got into guns! He always had a gun rack over his TV. Single shot 12ga, Winchester 30-30 and a Jukar muzzleloader he traded a beagle for a long time ago. He apparently was THE man in South Carolina back in the 50's and 60's for training beagles for rabbit hunting. He always had 10-15 of them when I was growing up.
He introduced me to fishing and hunting. Riding around in his old Subaru Brat looking for deer along his property. Taught me how to drive a stick shift. Really owe a lot of who I am to him. Just thought I would share that world lost a good one today.

You have the Memories of a "GREAT GRANDFATHER "! Sorry, for your Loss!

Not looking for pity. Just sharing.
Lost my grandpa to Covid today. 87 years old and a prime candidate for someone who shouldn't get covid. Overweight, diabetes, COPD, congestive heart failure, stroke, multiple small heart attacks. Really a miracle he lived to be 87. Grumpy old man but he was my buddy growing up. Going to miss him a lot.
It's all his dang fault I got into guns! He always had a gun rack over his TV. Single shot 12ga, Winchester 30-30 and a Jukar muzzleloader he traded a beagle for a long time ago. He apparently was THE man in South Carolina back in the 50's and 60's for training beagles for rabbit hunting. He always had 10-15 of them when I was growing up.
He introduced me to fishing and hunting. Riding around in his old Subaru Brat looking for deer along his property. Taught me how to drive a stick shift. Really owe a lot of who I am to him. Just thought I would share that world lost a good one today.
J, So sorry for your loss, sir. He surely left a fine legacy in you! You will carry on his legacy with those you take under your wing. God bless your grandfather and you.

Back
Top Bottom