• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost the one who got me into guns today

Not looking for pity. Just sharing.
Lost my grandpa to Covid today. 87 years old and a prime candidate for someone who shouldn't get covid. Overweight, diabetes, COPD, congestive heart failure, stroke, multiple small heart attacks. Really a miracle he lived to be 87. Grumpy old man but he was my buddy growing up. Going to miss him a lot.
It's all his dang fault I got into guns! He always had a gun rack over his TV. Single shot 12ga, Winchester 30-30 and a Jukar muzzleloader he traded a beagle for a long time ago. He apparently was THE man in South Carolina back in the 50's and 60's for training beagles for rabbit hunting. He always had 10-15 of them when I was growing up.
He introduced me to fishing and hunting. Riding around in his old Subaru Brat looking for deer along his property. Taught me how to drive a stick shift. Really owe a lot of who I am to him. Just thought I would share that world lost a good one today.
My Grandpaw raised and traded beagles as well. He would go to trade day/ flea market and buy sell and trade beagles all the time.

Sorry for your loss but I like you have a few good memories of my Grandparents on both sides of the family.

:pray2::pray2::pray2:
It may not seem like it, but it does get a little easier as time goes by. Just be sure to always keep those you've lost in your heart. 10 years have gone by since I lost both my grandfathers to heart issues. I still find myself looking skyward when it storms (they both loved it when the rain came). Peace be with you and all your family in these hard times...!

My condolences, my grandfather was the guiding hand in my life and although it's been over 40 years since his passing I still miss his warmth and wisdom.
We were blessed to have such men in our lives and I'm thankful everyday that I did as I am sure you do and will as well.

Back
Top Bottom