• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loving the 3gun competition!

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
I'm going to get a shotgun! Never had interest till now... Suggestions guys?

this... 590.jpg

If you are going to shoot limited or tactical, get a semi auto, no need to handicap yourself with a pump. If you are going to shoot open get a saiga or something similar. If you are going to shoot heman or heavy metal get a pump.

Now here are my suggestions, DO NOT GET GHOST RING SIGHTS on anything you buy, they are not needed and will slow you down. An entry level gun such as the Winchester SX2, or the Mossberg 930 JM edition are great. If you want to spend more money look at a Benelli, or a FN. The Mossberg JM is about the best bang for the buck right out of the box it really doesnt NEED anything, there are of course things you can do if you want. The Benelli, FN, Winchester all need stuff really. The FN and Winchester are pretty much the same gun. With the FN and Winchester most guys are swapping barrels for a non vent rib cause its lighter and moves faster. All of them could use the lifter being welded and the loading port being ground open more.

There is also the Remington Versa Max thats come out ... they are looking impressive as well with a little work done to them.

One thing to stay away from is porting in the barrel, ports put you into open division and you would be at a serious disadvantage with hand feeding an open gun.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask, and Ill help out where I can.

If you want to go watch a match and talk with some 3 gun shooter, take a ride up to Creekside on saturday they are having a 3 gun match. Normally Id be there but this weekend is Ga State wrestling finals for a buddy of mine so Ill be in Lilburn sat.

I shot this guy shotgun the other day at the range. He loaded slugs, that ***** kicked so hard.

Where you shooting 3 gun? I wanted to look into it. You could use a pump but you'd be at a disadvantage. I think the Mossberg 930 is a good choice. If you got the loot that Benelli M4 is a good gun from what I understand.

Where you shooting 3 gun? I wanted to look into it. You could use a pump but you'd be at a disadvantage. I think the Mossberg 930 is a good choice. If you got the loot that Benelli M4 is a good gun from what I understand.
I know creek side in taylorville has some events. Is it the bigger the gauge the more power?

I know creek side in taylorville has some events. Is it the bigger the gauge the more power?

Gauge is the multiplicative inverse of the sphere's weight as a fraction of a pound (e.g., a 1⁄12th pound ball fits a 12-gauge bore). Thus there are twelve 12-gauge balls per pound (etc.).

Back
Top Bottom