• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M&P 2.0. Who’s carrying one? What’s the verdict compared to competition?

Thoughts or feedback on the 2.0?
I have the 2.0 with the 3.6 in barrel. Factory stippling is fairly aggressive. I used a bit of sandpaper to knock a little of the stippling off. I actually like the gun very well and am having it cerokoated and a rmr cut done. I also own a 365, Glock 48 and a Sig 320 rxp compact with optic. I like the mp and feel that series of pistols just don’t get the same respect as the others. Bought the Smith to replace a Glock 19 just because of the grip angle and less blocky if that makes sense

The M&P 2.0 line of pistols are great. Definitely agree that the grip texture is a bit aggressive but a very under appreciated pistol in my opinion. Have an Apex trigger put in and you'll be amazed at how much smoother the trigger pull gets.

The aggressive grip texture is one of the things I’m attracted to it for. I like that in a polymer frame pistol. I’m picking up a full-size m&p 2.0 tomorrow and just wanted some feedback or thoughts on it. Hoping to like it and keep it. If I do, then I’ll have to get the shield 2.0 cuz I like having the smaller and bigger brothers together haha

Purchased one from the first delivered batch back in 2017. Sold my G19 soon after as I much prefer the grip and trigger of the M&P. They’re also significantly cheaper.

One negative compared to the Glock is the slide release on my M&P can’t be manipulated with one hand. I tend to pull the slide to drop a round anyway but you may not like that.

At the end of the day, it’s just preference. I’d gladly rely on either.

Purchased one from the first delivered batch back in 2017. Sold my G19 soon after as I much prefer the grip and trigger of the M&P. They’re also significantly cheaper.

One negative compared to the Glock is the slide release on my M&P can’t be manipulated with one hand. I tend to pull the slide to drop a round anyway but you may not like that.

At the end of the day, it’s just preference. I’d gladly rely on either.

That may happen to me. I’m mostly a g19 guy but seems it’s not uncommon for the 2.0 to win people over

A friend of mine purchased a FDE 2.0 5 inch model. I love to the texture of the grip and it feels great in my hands. Its a 9mm also. Shoots fantastic.

If you plan to carry the 2.0, make sure your carry system is such where the grip doesn't contact your skin. To say the grip texture is aggressive is an understatement, it'll eat your side up if you carry IWB without anything between your skin and the firearm. OWB carry or a quality undershirt if you IWB carry, and you should be fine.

The gun itself is nice. I simply prefer my P320, so I sold the 2.0. No real complaints, though. It shoots good.

Back
Top Bottom