• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Machining things.

Just curious if anybody has anything they'd like machined, just some ideas or something they maybe are just curious about being made. Everything has to be legal of course lol. Just got some machines in and would love to just do somethings with them. I've been a machinist for 10 years now thinking of ultimately starting a business but until then just want to play and give people some stuff to grow more.
If I was looking for a profitable way to use my hobby, I would look for experimental aircraft builders who need specific parts made.

For example the the rudder pedals and some of the control mechanisms need to be per spec. Builders do need to keep their hands on build percentage up. But things like cutting an instrument panel perfectly are a must for a great looking dash. Not something you want to do with hand tools.

Some of this would be dead simple for a machinist. Thinking about it, I have a couple panels I’d be willing to pay to have them cut.

If I was looking for a profitable way to use my hobby, I would look for experimental aircraft builders who need specific parts made.

For example the the rudder pedals and some of the control mechanisms need to be per spec. Builders do need to keep their hands on build percentage up. But things like cutting an instrument panel perfectly are a must for a great looking dash. Not something you want to do with hand tools.

Some of this would be dead simple for a machinist. Thinking about it, I have a couple panels I’d be willing to pay to have them cut.

That's actually my day job machining aircraft propellers 😂

Been working aircraft for 2 years and 2 months the 15th of this month

Back
Top Bottom