• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Made the jump. Now we wait…….

The Ruger is a good host but a bit of it comes down to the can too.

The annoying thing about the Ruger (that will probably catch me some heat) is that it's an utter pain in the azz to take down and clean, and - if you're a can fan - you're going to want to take it down and clean it. 22LR ammo is *dirty*.

I haven't shot one, even without a can - but one of the very few 22s that break the 10 round barrier would be the SIG P322 - which of course is nothing like a MK4, but comes with threaded barrel etc, and just went on my 'want' list.
The Ruger MKIV comes apart with one button unlike all the ones before it.

Well after years of firearms being my number 1 hobby, I finally purchased and filled out all my paperwork (e form) to get a suppressor. I bought a Dead Air Mask HD from silencer shop and did all my paperwork on one of their kiosk’s at GT Distributors. Now we wait and see how long it’s gonna take. He said 3-6 months. But I’ve got three 22lr hosts that I’ll use this can on so I think it’ll be fun. FN 502, m&p 15-22 and a Savage FVSR. Silencer Shop couldn’t have been better and it was such and easy process for anyone on the fence about it.
The FV-SR and MP15-22 will be a ton of fun with the mask. I haven't shot the FN. Also, the mask sounds great on any 22 host I've shot.

Your 502 should keep most cheap bulk ammo subsonic with that 4.6" barrel.

I am in NE GA, and am also interested in getting started with playing with cans, from 9mm to .22. What would you suggest?
Who has a good selection at a good price?
Construct More Pylons Construct More Pylons has great prices. But if you want to go put hands on a variety of options before you decide what you want, you could try John's Creek Indoor Range. They carry Surefire, Dead Air, Q, Rugged, Silencerco, YHM, and maybe some others I'm forgetting.

Construct More Pylons Construct More Pylons has great prices. But if you want to go put hands on a variety of options before you decide what you want, you could try John's Creek Indoor Range. They carry Surefire, Dead Air, Q, Rugged, Silencerco, YHM, and maybe some others I'm forgetting.

Might also be worth looking at Silencershop.com, just to be able to see all the major brands and get a feel for what's out there.

Well after years of firearms being my number 1 hobby, I finally purchased and filled out all my paperwork (e form) to get a suppressor. I bought a Dead Air Mask HD from silencer shop and did all my paperwork on one of their kiosk’s at GT Distributors. Now we wait and see how long it’s gonna take. He said 3-6 months. But I’ve got three 22lr hosts that I’ll use this can on so I think it’ll be fun. FN 502, m&p 15-22 and a Savage FVSR. Silencer Shop couldn’t have been better and it was such and easy process for anyone on the fence about it.
Thanks drewga11 drewga11

Shoot me a DM bullseyebo bullseyebo

I have 2 safes full of ODT members pending cans. I'm sure I can shift some huge Deadair boxes to make room for one more :)

But you made a fantastic choice. I honestly think the mask is the BEST 22 can out right now.

Back
Top Bottom