• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Made the switch today...

1jcwallace

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
I took my Streamlight TLR-2 off of my G23 today. I put the 23 back in the safe and put the Streamlight on my G22 for the nightstand. I am not sure why but I like it better already I believe. Pros and cans for me though. I have a smaller hand so the 23 feels better but the 22 fits better if that makes sense. I have always taken to the "compact" Glock size bc the G19 and G23 were the first 2 Glocks that I bought.... So I am partial to the mid size. However, I shoot them all just about the same for the most part, even my little 27 wich is my EDC. I see the only reason for my decision to put the G22 in the nightstand is the capacity. What do you guys think? I might just need to buy about 3 more TLR-2's and just be done with it ;)

If you are wanting a little more capacity for a .40 look at some of the Glock 22rders. Stick out just enough to be useful but not like the 9mm 33rder which is overkill sticking out of a pistol. I have one and I have been impressed with it so far. Just wish they would make one the same size in 9mm.

If you are wanting a little more capacity for a .40 look at some of the Glock 22rders. Stick out just enough to be useful but not like the 9mm 33rder which is overkill sticking out of a pistol. I have one and I have been impressed with it so far. Just wish they would make one the same size in 9mm.

Yeah, that's the pic I posted of my night stand glock with a 22rnd mag, and the +2 extension.

I took my Streamlight TLR-2 off of my G23 today. I put the 23 back in the safe and put the Streamlight on my G22 for the nightstand. I am not sure why but I like it better already I believe. Pros and cans for me though. I have a smaller hand so the 23 feels better but the 22 fits better if that makes sense. I have always taken to the "compact" Glock size bc the G19 and G23 were the first 2 Glocks that I bought.... So I am partial to the mid size. However, I shoot them all just about the same for the most part, even my little 27 wich is my EDC. I see the only reason for my decision to put the G22 in the nightstand is the capacity. What do you guys think? I might just need to buy about 3 more TLR-2's and just be done with it ;)

I'm with ya, the TLR2 on a full frame Glock is a great combination; just make sure to get some range time after adding it. I had to get "re-familiarized" with the handling characteristics of my G20 after adding the TLR2 .... it made a difference with my follow-ups.

This stays on my nightstand
G20.JPG
I think 15+1 is more than enough for me

Back
Top Bottom