• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Magnetic tires...

Long ago, when my wife drove a Taurus wagon, which came with a donut spare but had room for a full-size under the floor in the back, I tried this twice. Each time, they gave me the one with the hole in it, clearly marked! The second time, I specified which one to keep and they marked it as such, still got the wrong one! @#$&^$^#^@%^%^*!

Well, there's the problem, right there.:boink:

I have a Coates set up in my shed. I keep what I want.

Well, wife finally got home at 4:30 yesterday (should say yesTURDay). Shop's no longer Goodyear, still had our records in computer, though. Tire ruined, looks like it was flat leaving the house, took her about a mile to realize car wasn't driving right (?). Anyway, don't carry that brand anymore, replaced with "comparable". Betting I'm not going to be happy when I see it. I hate mis-matched tires on my vehicles.
Shop logged car in/out with wrong mileage, got 17,000 extra miles on drive-out. Be looking for another shop when I can get out again.
It's a shame, been happy with these guys for years.
Rant over, we return you to regular bicching.

Update... Last Thursday, wife calls, sitting in a parking lot with flat tire (thankfully not the just replaced new one). Some good Samaritan stopped, changed it for her before slowass AAA arrived. Back to tire store (yeah, same one), this one fixable (plug), no charge. Guy said whatever she ran over punched hole, in and out, reason it went flat quickly. No charge. Road hazard warranty pays off again! Wife "doesn't remember" running over anything. lol.

I always make the shop back off the setting on the air gun. I was 20 something and nearly killed myself one time changing a tire in 10 deg. weather that had been bolted on with a max. air wrench. Swore then, "never again". Took me an hour to get the lugs off, and I had a good 4 way.

Shops tell me "we do it to keep the lugs on", I tell them "who is paying for this" - that tends to end the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom