• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mainstreet Range & Guns in Lilburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this something that GCO or another gun organization can help with? If reported to the BBB they will give them a call and that's about it. If they are going to bully us there should be someone out there to help us push back.

I'm a preferred dealer for Buds and have handled many guns from them. As I'm not the seller I can NOT collect sales tax. I would definitely contact Buds and let them know so someone else doesn't get taken advantage of

I had driven by the shop several times but they hadn't opened yet. I was hoping this was a positive thread about a new local shop. I wont even consider darkening their doorway now. Thanks for the heads up.

FWIW, they're not a "new" shop. They just moved from their old location on Arcado to their new place on Killian Hill. I bought a S&W 638 from them a while back, even though they were more expensive than some other local stores, because they're right down the street from my house...but I definitely won't be back after this.

Between DSS not selling semi auto rifles to cilvilians, the owner of Tucker Gun publicly stating that he's against private transfer of firearms LINK, and this bunch of lying thieves at Mainstreet ripping people off on transfers, our options for decent local fun stores are rapidly dwindling.

You got taken for a $25 ride. EVEN IF you're "supposed" to pay sales tax, the Pawn shop isn't a government representative who can compel cooperation on that particular piece of tax collection. If taxes are due, the retailer handles it, not the consumer. We're not talking about an item that you have to register (car, boat, etc). Those folks just figured out a way to double their money, before word spreads. Contact Bud's and have that shop REMOVED from the "preferred dealer list."

FWIW, they're not a "new" shop. They just moved from their old location on Arcado to their new place on Killian Hill. I bought a S&W 638 from them a while back, even though they were more expensive than some other local stores, because they're right down the street from my house...but I definitely won't be back after this.

Between DSS not selling semi auto rifles to cilvilians, the owner of Tucker Gun publicly stating that he's against private transfer of firearms LINK, and this bunch of lying thieves at Mainstreet ripping people off on transfers, our options for decent local fun stores are rapidly dwindling.

I've been in their old shop a few times just to browse. Not really many accessories there and they referred me to the "gunsmith" next door. Never had the guy do any work for me because I got the " not real knowledgeable flakey guy with a wrench" vibe from him.
I think most of the bad rep from Tucker gun comes from the big bearded guy with attitude that used to run "hit and run guns". He seems to be the primary gunbroker dealer working from that shop. I do know they have a fantastic old school gunsmith at Tucker gun (Ken) that knows a thing or two about a thing or two and has been very helpful to me in the past. Scott just figures banning private sales would boost business. (his choice at his own peril) Also a couple of old employees have struck out on their own and started a small shop right around the corner from Tucker gun called CJI firearms. Not much inventory but they have treated me right at CJI more than once on some used stuff.

More than one dealer will flat out refuse to accept deliveries or do transfers from Buds or CDNN.
Sounds like in this case rather than being up front, Mainstreet firearms dishonestly stuck up the OP for ransom and knew full well what they were doing.
Instead of Happy Happy Happy reviews now they get Dirty Dirty Dirty reviews. I know I wont visit the new location now even though it would be convenient just as a matter of principle.

This thread is a serious buzz kill. I have eagerly been waiting for them to open up and have a new range so close to my house. Now I won't go there.

We are very disappointed that this customer feels he has been mistreated. We have always charged $50.00 for transfers from company's that are for all particle mean are Wholesalers selling to the public and wanting to use us to support there business. We love to take in transfers form auctions and individuals for $25.00. The $50.00 fee is NOT a tax. What we stated was that BUDS by Georgia law recently pasted should charge the sales tax. We can match or beat pricing as long as we are playing on an even playing field. We tell each customer about our fees to handle transfers.
As a gesture of goodwill, if this customer will come back in the store we will fund his $25.00 if he feels he was mislead. We have been serving the community with pride for eleven years.

Mainstreet Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom