• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MAJOR UPDATE: Phineas C. Zoid - Pistol Whack . . . . . (my first custom 1911 build)

SchmittZoid

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery
282   0
Reaction score
Phineas (Curly) Zoid that is . . . . .

Gents,

Well the parts are beginning to arrive and it's time for me to start documenting my first official custom 1911 build. Yep, this will be one-of-a-kind.

The frame and a few small parts have yet to arrive, but here is what I am starting with. I am also not sure the best way to document a Zoid build such as this, so if I am missing any details you would like to know, please feel free to ask away.

So here are the parts & pieces I have assembled thus far:

Modelo 1927 Argentinian Contract (Ejercito Argentino) Colt Slide (Hardford, CT mfg.) s/n# 1991

img_20171106_164404-jpg.85695

img_20171106_164456-jpg.85696

Ed Brown Magwell/MSH - skip line checkering

img_20171106_164516-jpg.85697

Small parts to date

img_20171106_164738-jpg.85698

Very cool. What frame/barrel do you have in mind?

Edit: I see the barrel in the slide now.

That's OK, I was going to keep the barrel serial number matched to the slide for the build, but I do have a Colt National Match out of a Gold Cup coming in as well . . . . . :becky:

The entire slide is original to itself. All the parts are original vintage. I will probably swap out the firing pin spring and maybe the extractor, but if they function as expected, maybe not . . . . .

Now for the frame . . . . . that is a surprise and will involve a big reveal when it comes in

Look forward to following your progress!

Well, when I got back to the office after the Meet & Grease today, I found that the few final parts I was waiting for had come in. Then it dawned on me that I only showed you guys one side of the 1927 Colt Argentinian Contract slide in my introduction post above.

The primary reason I wanted to do this build is because I think the roll marks in this slide are classic and stunningly beautiful. Complete with the early rampant pony, this slide and it's matched barrel I think begs to be returned to service again.

For your enjoyment, and in case you have never seen one of these, see the photos below. This side of the regular 1927 Argentinian Sistema 1911's usually bears the blocky and less beautiful [D.G.F.M-F.M.A.P] imprint.

Received the sear, the sear springs, the disconnector, and the slide stop . . . . . .

img_20171107_123929-jpg.85818

img_20171107_123944-jpg.85819

The only thing left to receive is the frame . . . . . . .

Welcome to another addiction. Good luck with the build. I have the Jerry Kuhnhausen books on the 1911. There is a lot of material in them that is area specific, but the index could narrow it down if there are any issues that come up.

Back
Top Bottom