• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Makes me want to move to Finland

Well hello there, native of Finland here speaking. The new ranges are because there are a lot of people(after 2022) that want to train and keep up the skills we were taught in the army. those 300 ranges, they are the same ones that were closed one by one because of whatever BS reason, usually environmental reasons(it's their favorite reason). Also the gun laws are ridiculous nowadays, well they have been since 2007 to be honest, but what my friends who still live there have told me, it's just about impossible the get permits for newbies. And no, you can not carry your guns with you. The national spirit is at all time high because of Ukraine, that could have been us, hence the need for the ranges. We have been warned all these decades about Russians by our grand parents, our parents, our generation never believed them, they were right. If you want a boring life where nothing ever happens, no one goes anywhere, there is no culture of hospitality or friendliness(Karelia is an exception), then yeah move there. Hope this helps. :)

Someone mentioned Finnish women...uhm...trust me, steer clear of them 🤣

Well hello there, native of Finland here speaking. The new ranges are because there are a lot of people(after 2022) that want to train and keep up the skills we were taught in the army. those 300 ranges, they are the same ones that were closed one by one because of whatever BS reason, usually environmental reasons(it's their favorite reason). Also the gun laws are ridiculous nowadays, well they have been since 2007 to be honest, but what my friends who still live there have told me, it's just about impossible the get permits for newbies. And no, you can not carry your guns with you. The national spirit is at all time high because of Ukraine, that could have been us, hence the need for the ranges. We have been warned all these decades about Russians by our grand parents, our parents, our generation never believed them, they were right. If you want a boring life where nothing ever happens, no one goes anywhere, there is no culture of hospitality or friendliness(Karelia is an exception), then yeah move there. Hope this helps. :)

Someone mentioned Finnish women...uhm...trust me, steer clear of them 🤣
Is it true that most houses have bunkers under them

They are probably scared shirtless that they are about to be dragged into a European/Russian conflict and know their military is a speed bump, but with their weather an armed populace used to the conditions there can wreak havoc on anyone that comes their way. If I remember correctly, one of the highest kill count snipers was a Finland dude in WW2. Guy racked up quite a scorecard in a target rich environment.

They are probably scared shirtless that they are about to be dragged into a European/Russian conflict and know their military is a speed bump, but with their weather an armed populace used to the conditions there can wreak havoc on anyone that comes their way. If I remember correctly, one of the highest kill count snipers was a Finland dude in WW2. Guy racked up quite a scorecard in a target rich environment.
Simo the White Death. One of the greatest killers of communists ever to grace our earth.

Sounds like good advise. I've been looking at other countries for a while. The world keeps changing. I wish there was a better place to live in peace, but I haven't found it.
I'm too old to try and learn another language. Hell I barely speak english.
I couldn't imagine trying to speak Finnish or Hungarian with a thick southern drawl. They'd probably think I was retarded.

Back
Top Bottom