• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mama Called

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3338.jpg

The "Bear" and I on the practice field summer of '82.

I'll bite, so which one of those do you think is the greatest? And by greatest, I mean has the most accomplishments, titles, wins, in the shortest amount of time, coupled with a lasting effect and influence on college football? Oh, never mind, you mean Saban! Gotcha bud, Roll Tide!

Um...no.

Eddie Robinson, Joe Pa and Bobby Bowden are laughing.

I can tell you that Bobby Bowden wanted to coach at Alabama after Bryant but it was not to be. He has spoken several times about his friendship and respect for the Bear. Likewise Joe Pa was a great coach, but his legacy can not compare with Bryant and the Alabama vs Penn State Sugar Bowl game was a classic. By the way BAMA came out on top with a goal line stand. Eddie Robinson unfortunately can not compare since he coached in another level, not at a big time school or conference. When Bryant ended his career he held the record for wins. Beyond just wins his former players and assistant coaches have been successful and speak highly of their experience with Alabama's legendary coach.
image.jpg

I can tell you that Bobby Bowden wanted to coach at Alabama after Bryant but it was not to be. He has spoken several times about his friendship and respect for the Bear. Likewise Joe Pa was a great coach, but his legacy can not compare with Bryant and the Alabama vs Penn State Sugar Bowl game was a classic. By the way BAMA came out on top with a goal line stand. Eddie Robinson unfortunately can not compare since he coached in another level, not at a big time school or conference. When Bryant ended his career he held the record for wins. Beyond just wins his former players and assistant coaches have been successful and speak highly of their experience with Alabama's legendary coach.
View attachment 224151

Like I said, he was a great coach. One of the greatest of all time....and of course Bama fans are going to say he was the greatest, because I would too if I was a Bama fan.

Plenty of former players and coaches under some of the greatest coaches of all time will speak highly of their former coach/boss. You think that is something exclusive to Bryant? LOL! Bryant had a magnificent career, but some of you sound like myopic knuckledraggers who don't know anything outside of Bama football.

You do realize that just because Robinson coached at a different level, it doesn't make his accomplishments any less important, right? Talent at his level was equal to the talent he coached. Also, take some time to look up guys like Larry Kehres and get back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom