• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Man on your property

Well thats your opinion and you entitled to it, except for the facts your trying to add. So tell me how you know this guy is unarmed? For all you know he is geeked up UFC fighter who could beat your ass like aint nothing to it. So get up on your high horse and ride out, cause I am not going to roll over for some guy who wants to run up in my yard and act crazy.

The problem with this is that it is YOUR responsibility to know the answer to your questions BEFORE you kill someone. By your logic, you should be able to shoot someone passing you on the sidewalk because you don't know he's not going to stab you as you pass him.

The problem with this is that it is YOUR responsibility to know the answer to your questions BEFORE you kill someone. By your logic, you should be able to shoot someone passing you on the sidewalk because you don't know he's not going to stab you as you pass him.
Damn where did you get the comment stretcher, the guy was questioning him and he continued his approach. Now this what I would have done. Armed myself which I can do by opening the door. Ask him to stop if I felt I was in danger I would shoot. I didnt shoot everybody that walks on my sidewalk or yard. I have Jehovahs witness come to my door every couple of weeks. I have failed to shoot them, but they didnt come at night act like the guy did and not respond. A few of you really now how to pick and choose. Yall want to help me shop for produce?

I don't care if they burn my house down. As long as me and my family can get out without being hurt, that's what we are doing. ONLY if the bad guy becomes a direct threat would I use deadly force.

From everything we know, the Zimmerman shoot was good. Look what has happened to him. If there is an alternative, use it. Even if that means getting the family out the back door while the bad guy is breaking in the front door.
.......................................................................................................wow

so, someone burning your house down is not a threat? i cant even argue you with on this. the sad thing is i have been left speechless, for once, out of all the dumb **** and bad opinions i have run across on the internet, i have no retort to properly gauge the amount of disagreement and disbelief i am feeling at this very moment for what you just typed

i will give you the benefit of the doubt, let you reread what you just wrote, and then explain when you think it is a good idea to use a gun without the permission of the almighty and all knowing government who is there to protect you (sarcasm is imbedded in this post, if you need help deciphering it, i can bold it for you)

I feel inside my home is it, no more running. This is where I would "stand my ground". Is my thinking in your opinion wrong?

As long as the three elements I have mentioned before exist, standing your ground in your home is legal. But is it wise if you have safe alternative? I don't want my life in the hands of some DA that is a liberal bed wetting gun hater that's not getting laid. Don't get me wrong. If the time comes to use deadly force, I will without hesitation. It will be overwhelming and at a level of violence the attacker may be unaware even exists, but if I have safe alternatives before that time comes I'll use them.

Well thats your opinion and you entitled to it, except for the facts your trying to add. So tell me how you know this guy is unarmed? For all you know he is geeked up UFC fighter who could beat your ass like aint nothing to it. So get up on your high horse and ride out, cause I am not going to roll over for some guy who wants to run up in my yard and act crazy.

Read the OP. He clearly states and I quote "nothing in his hands".

It's not rolling over to not shoot an unarmed man, genius.

I'm not going to stand by and let some dude assault me, but I am not going to shoot a trespasser for being on my property. This is not Texas 1870 and you can not shoot a dude for being on your lawn.

This is not a valid legal defense...

images-2.jpeg

As long as the three elements I have mentioned before exist, standing your ground in your home is legal. But is it wise if you have safe alternative? I don't want my life in the hands of some DA that is a liberal bed wetting gun hater that's not getting laid. Don't get me wrong. If the time comes to use deadly force, I will without hesitation. It will be overwhelming and at a level of violence the attacker may be unaware even exists, but if I have safe alternatives before that time comes I'll use them.
I'm pickin up what you're putting down.

Guys lets kill the name calling. People have different views, threads like these can be real informative. I got my first pistol because it was cool to own a gun, I have learned and changed my thoughts so much from threads like these. Carry on.

Read the OP. He clearly states and I quote "nothing in his hands".

It's not rolling over to not shoot an unarmed man, genius.

I'm not going to stand by and let some dude assault me, but I am not going to shoot a trespasser for being on my property. This is not Texas 1870 and you can not shoot a dude for being on your lawn.

This is not a valid legal defense...

View attachment 133732

You keep twisting it anyway you want the guy wasnt just being on the property. The guy obviously was intimidated and felt threatened to run in his house. He spoke to him and got no response and the guy kept closing the distance. I had all kinds of people in my yard tonight and nobody got shot. So your theory is flawed.

.......................................................................................................wow

so, someone burning your house down is not a threat? i cant even argue you with on this. the sad thing is i have been left speechless, for once, out of all the dumb **** and bad opinions i have run across on the internet, i have no retort to properly gauge the amount of disagreement and disbelief i am feeling at this very moment for what you just typed

i will give you the benefit of the doubt, let you reread what you just wrote, and then explain when you think it is a good idea to use a gun without the permission of the almighty and all knowing government who is there to protect you (sarcasm is imbedded in this post, if you need help deciphering it, i can bold it for you)

If I am out of the house, then no it's not. Ignorance of the law is not a defense. It is illegal to use deadly force to protect property. And yes, I very much pay attention to the law when the "all knowing government" can through my ass in jail for 15 years for not paying attention to it. LISTEN CAREFULLY; watching Rambo movies IS NOT the way to learn appropriate use of deadly force.

Protective Measures said it nicely. I'm ruder than that. Some of you guys are clueless of the law and God help you if you ever use deadly force. The chances are good you will be going to prison for a minimum of about 15 years for manslaughter.This guy did not appear to be armed and no one has even asked about any disparity of force. The truth is this man could have RUN right at the OP screaming that he will kill him and the OP CAN NOT USE DEADLY FORCE for that alone and it does not matter where it happens. Unless the bad guy appears to have the ability to actually kill you deadly force may not be used. Three elements are needed for justifiable use of deadly force. You must at least have reasonable cause to believe that a person has the Ability, Opportunity and Intent (Jeopardy) to cause you or a third person serious harm. From the OP's description this man showed no intent and I have no idea if he was so much bigger than the OP that clear disparity of force existed. You may not agree with the law, but that IS THE LAW. For those of you that will argue that you would still be willing to use deadly force in a situation like this, I have one question for you. With Bubba as a cell mate in state prison, do you think you will be pitching or catching for that 15 years you serve for acting like a tough guy rather than doing the smart thing?
I have a weakened skull, a vp shunt and clips in my brain. One strike to the head would probably be an instant fatality. I'm not fighting anyone, and just about everyone has the ability to cause me great bodily harm and or death. If you are coming at me, I will tell you to back off as the gun comes out. I have a very small window to defend my life and I refuse to waste it worrying about what a prosecutor is going to do. It's not that I think I am a badass, quite the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom