Man refuses search and police shoot dog

Crubear

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
39   0
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/2...hoot-dog-while-serving-warrant-to-wrong-house

Yep, gotta shoot a dog that threatens you by coming up to see who's in it's yard.... Oh, on a side note... it appears the prostitute had already been in jail for a couple days

police_zps30564e39.jpg

Personally, I'm going with the owner who said it's time cops learn how to deal with large dogs. The cop is afraid (I understand why) and shoots.

It's time to train them on proper techniques AND NORMAL CANINE behavior. You enter their territory, they're going to come and check you out. Mailmen are trained, meter readers were trained, but cops get to shoot.

Personally, I'm going with the owner who said it's time cops learn how to deal with large dogs. The cop is afraid (I understand why) and shoots.

It's time to train them on proper techniques AND NORMAL CANINE behavior. You enter their territory, they're going to come and check you out. Mailmen are trained, meter readers were trained, but cops get to shoot.

Yep

Ok, y'all probably know how I feel about this kind of thing in general, but I'm sorry, this sounds sketchy:

"She's a big baby," he said, "She's a big teddy bear, she sleeps with me every night, she's just a big baby, everybody loves her."

Maybe I'm just cynical or maybe I've seen a few too many articles where family members of scumbags who got shot while committing a crime say the same thing, but I'm always skeptical when I see people say thing kind of thing.

I agree with Crubear, though...police clearly need training on how to handle these situations. I'd say to go so far as include it in the initial psych eval, if there is one...are you scared of dogs? Maybe this isn't the job for you...

Back
Top Bottom