• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Man this guy is quick...

It *is* impressive, but I'm always MORE impressed when folks actually do stuff like this with STANDARD equipment that you'd use in the real world. I have a natural hatred for these "competition guns" and rigs. Been burned too many times AT competition where we were supposed to be using STANDARD equipment, but the judges didn't enforce the rules.

I'm not saying the guy couldn't be awesome with a regular rig and isn't awesome with what he has; I'm saying I'd be more impressed with ANYONE using a standard carry outfit.

What caliber do most competition shooters use? I was guessing 9mm for recoil reasons, but I don't know...?

I don't know if it's as common as it used to be, but back in the day, a lot of guys running at that level were running .38 Super for the power factor in the gun rules, but they would load them with just enough to cycle the slide. If you look there's virtually zero muzzle flip on those shots. Not taking anything away from the guy, it's fantastic shooting, but at that level the shooter, gun, and ammo are all a single, tuned system.

It *is* impressive, but I'm always MORE impressed when folks actually do stuff like this with STANDARD equipment that you'd use in the real world. I have a natural hatred for these "competition guns" and rigs. Been burned too many times AT competition where we were supposed to be using STANDARD equipment, but the judges didn't enforce the rules.

I'm not saying the guy couldn't be awesome with a regular rig and isn't awesome with what he has; I'm saying I'd be more impressed with ANYONE using a standard carry outfit.
I understand what you are saying and I agree.

Back
Top Bottom