• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man walks into Kroger with AR15 FTW

Oh i was thinking the police were called before he was asked to leave

You could be right. We don't know because the story was incomplete to say the least.

The police could have been called and the officer told the store he was perfectly within his right. The officer may have handed the store's ultimatum or the guy could have been an asshole.

Last edited:
Why do most gun owners preach to write and send emails but won't actually get out an do anything about it? And when someone does go out like this guy did he gets called "asshat, asshole, douche, dumbass, etc..."? Kroger has every right to tell the man to leave but to say he is wrong for OC'ing? Read what you type and really think about your saying. He didn't do anything wrong (by the story) so why is this even an issue. Do you respect gays in public? Do you call them sinners and say they should be arrested and banned? Come on guys use some sense.

Why do most gun owners preach to write and send emails but won't actually get out an do anything about it? And when someone does go out like this guy did he gets called "asshat, asshole, douche, dumbass, etc..."? Kroger has every right to tell the man to leave but to say he is wrong for OC'ing? Read what you type and really think about your saying. He didn't do anything wrong (by the story) so why is this even an issue. Do you respect gays in public? Do you call them sinners and say they should be arrested and banned? Come on guys use some sense.

Ding dong

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it mandatory in Cedartown to OC at least one hi cap firearm at Kroger?

You really just made a comparison between gays in public and open carrying like what that guy did?

Talk about stretching.

Technically speaking what the difference with the exception of a holster.

Perception.

"Perception becomes reality", if someone doesn't believe that then I doubt they have a grasp on reality.

My response is not aimed at the quoter directly, just the idea that public perception does not shape events.

You could be right. We don't know because the story was incomplete to say the least.

The police could have been called and the officer told the store he was perfectly within his right. The officer may have handed the store's ultimatum or the guy could have been an asshole.

Typicallythe police are asked to be present when the person is banned. That way there is an official report, so that if he comes back on property he can be arrest on site.

Wow, POST # 66 It seems to me he is painting a very bad picture of those of us who carry a weapon both openly/concealed due to the actions of one individual.
I am also getting up in age and have also handled weapons since I was young. However, I have only been carrying a weapon on my person for about 7 years.
I am citizen of the United States of America and a resident of the State of Georgia.
So I have a certain 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment right granted to me by the constitution to keep and bear arms. I also have the right/privilege granted to me by virtue of being a good person (with a back ground check and $ 75.00) to carry a weapon openly or concealed by the State of Georgia (and several other states by the way).

My choice of carry is open.

I have never flaunted my weapon in “peoples faces” nor do I wear my weapon openly as a “challenge or dare for someone to say something“. I also do not carry my weapon in this manner (openly) as a “form of protest“. I also do not believe wearing my weapon in this manner makes me “look important, manly or a protector“. My weapon is for protection - not yours - but mine and my family.

My interactions with the with the general public have in large been very positive. I will admit I do get the double take every once and a while. I have never had someone indicate by voice or their actions that they felt I was a threat, a bully or acting irresponsibly. As a matter of fact when questioned about open carry I politely answer the questions and I will take the time (if they want) to explain my philosophy and how they can get their carry permit. This is in my humble opinion is how to handle the current anti gun atmosphere and the perception of gun owners can be changed.
My interactions with law enforcement has also been equally positive.

I should point out I do not wear my weapon in an Uncle Mike attached to a belt loop on my pants or sticking out of my back pocket. I wear a quality leather retention holster and proper belt.
I would also love to see the statistics showing I would be the first to be killed/attacked during a robbery because I am open carrying.
SORRY ABOUT THE RANT ABOVE.

The guy walking into Kroger with an AR 15 - totally legal in Georgia. My opinion - not very prudent. If the manager of Kroger got a single complaint from a customer or employee he was in the right to ask the guy to leave. Kroger is a supporter of gun rights.

Tell me that if you were at a grocery store and saw a guy leave the store go to his car and retrieve his rifle That you would not be moving to a position of cover and have your hand on your CCW.

I sure would. and i worked security for kroger.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom