• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man walks into Kroger with AR15 FTW

I have carried , handled and made my living with weapons since I was 17 years old...now an old man, Perhaps I missed something along the way but I have never and still do not see anything positive that comes from flaunting weapons in peoples faces ... it comes across as a challenge or dare for someone to say something..it doesn't prevent anything...if some guys wants to rob the place and sees your weapon in plain view, if he is determined , he will simply approach you from the blind side and kill you first, then he'll have another weapon to carry out his plan.

Carrying that way as a form of protest " in an organized protest or support march" is one thing scaring people is a whole different issue...if you think that outwardly forcing the public to see you have a weapon makes you look important, or manly or like a protector..you are very wrong and the only person you are fooling is yourself. The general public in the store with their families see you as a totally irresponsible individual, a bully and a potential threat and if they are sitting on the fence of being pro or anti gun...you just pushed over the wrong side.
To do something like this in the current atmosphere is incredulously stupid as it only fuels the fire of the anti gun movements and makes gun owners look like the stereo types that the anti gunners claim we are.

Yes sir, I mean no ****! Your not going to change the public outlook on guns by running around with an AR.

Technically speaking what the difference with the exception of a holster.

Exactly. Saying it isn't is like saying one type of gun is more dangerous than another. They are both weapons we use to protect ourselves. Yes, it is not the norm to carry a rifle around, but like I said a gun is a gun. No matter what shape, size, or color it is a tool that we use.

Even in countries accustomed to war, long arms are generally left outside when one of our guys needs to speak to a key communicator as we call them. This keeps everyone at ease and sidearms are generally regarded as part of the uniform.

What I don't get is folks do stuff like this to point out they are safe and legal, why don't they pay to set up a booth at fairs and stuff and educate people with pamphlets and videos instead of flaunting an AR in a grocery store.

Like i said before..... I am not disputing that the public perceives this as scarier than OC'ing a pistol.... In the pic that's me carrying an AK47 down the sidewalk of a very crowded street in Rome.... What about that makes me an asshat, douche bag, ass hole, ****in stupid, ignorant, mall ninja......?

Like i said before..... I am not disputing that the public perceives this as scarier than OC'ing a pistol.... In the pic that's me carrying an AK47 down the sidewalk of a very crowded street in Rome.... What about that makes me an asshat, douche bag, ass hole, ****in stupid, ignorant, mall ninja......?

Douche is impossible to quantify. What makes a 50 year old driving a Porsche with a ton of "Just for Men" in his hair a douche?

Back
Top Bottom