• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man walks into Kroger with AR15 FTW

I totally agree that instead of hide our every move and sit back and hope these laws don't pass against our 2A we as responsible gun owners should flaunt to an extent that the overwhelming majority of us mean no harm. I am not saying that is the best way to do it, but if someone wants to walk around with a AR sling over their shoulder more power to them. A gun is a gun is a gun. We need to get the ideology that they are evil out of peoples heads regardless of how they look. I am sure there are better ways to do this, but really it is the same as OCing a handgun.
Exactly

Until the people are desensitized to seeing guns in the hands of citizens that aren't using them for evil it will ALWAYS start a panic. In Las Vegas a guy was shot to death by police waiting outside because his shirt pulled up over is concealed gun in a shopco .... people NEED to be trained that a person carrying a gun does not mean an evil criminal.
Tell me that if you were at a grocery store and saw a guy leave the store go to his car and retrieve his rifle That you would not be moving to a position of cover and have your hand on your CCW.

Tell me that if you were at a grocery store and saw a guy leave the store go to his car and retrieve his rifle That you would not be moving to a position of cover and have your hand on your CCW.
So everytime you see someone OC'ing you take cover?>

I totally agree that instead of hide our every move and sit back and hope these laws don't pass against our 2A we as responsible gun owners should flaunt to an extent that the overwhelming majority of us mean no harm. I am not saying that is the best way to do it, but if someone wants to walk around with a AR sling over their shoulder more power to them. A gun is a gun is a gun. We need to get the ideology that they are evil out of peoples heads regardless of how they look. I am sure there are better ways to do this, but really it is the same as OCing a handgun.

This is not the same as ocing a handgun. It is proportionality and perception.

This is not the same as ocing a handgun. It is proportionality and perception.

Technically it is. It is a gun. They both shoot bullets. Just because one looks different does not make it more of a threat. I would most likely be a little on edge to if I saw someone walking in with a AR strapped on their back. I would not assume he was going to shoot up the place though. Now if he walked in and shouldered his rifle different story. Body language will tell me how much of a threat it is.

Back
Top Bottom