manned up yesterday

I'll be honest. A lot of the things the NRA has/ does can piss me off. But you really gotta join. I say that and GOA are a big must for any gun owner and its pretty cheap for whats at stake.

Yes, there is a way to opt out of the mailings. I think I did it online at nra.org. You just need your member number.

I joined a few months before the frenzy. I was on the fence about them for a long time but figured they were good overall. I've been pretty happy with their actions this time around.

No it doesn't. It makes you smarter than the average man. You don't have to agree with everything they do -- just know that they are one of few organizations out there that are protecting our rights as gun owners............

Don't understand about the mail thing. Just throw it away unopened if you want. I get junk mail from AT&T every month because I have a cell phone account with them. I don't get rid of my cell phone because of it. I throw away the junk mail. It takes a lot of money to maintain a lobby organization at the Federal level. I'm sure they have calculated the additional income from the bulk mail vs. the cost. We need representation at the national level and the NRA the best one to represent our interests.

I just joined too. I never have been a big fan of organizations that lobby but we need a strong voice right now. Also, the volume of people joining probably sends as big of a message as anything to DC.

Back
Top Bottom