• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Massive bridge in Baltimore collapsed after being struck.

Now the White House is asking the media to not show the videos of the ship hitting the bridge. Why would they want to hide the videos? When I saw pictures of this happening this morning my first thought was accident, now I need to dust off my tin foil hat. When the government tries to hide something I get suspicious.
They don't want everybody to see how ****ty and brittle our infrastructure has become.

1711473613240.png

1711473643490.png

Actually, this guy has a pretty good explanation. Apparently backing down can cause a ship to careen. So that could account for the sudden change in direction.

That was a great play by play, horrifying to see it unfold & traffic on the bridge... It sounds like they did good to drop at least one anchor in total darkness.

How much is a new bridge? Construction lead time?

I wonder if ships have insurance like cars. Will they have enough insurance coverage to cover a full bridge replacement and all the suits from the people who were hurt/killed.

My heart goes out to the families, hopefully nobody passed away.

How much is a new bridge? Construction lead time?

I wonder if ships have insurance like cars. Will they have enough insurance coverage to cover a full bridge replacement and all the suits from the people who were hurt/killed.

My heart goes out to the families, hopefully nobody passed away.

Lead time is an issue. It's unlikely very much of the structure can be repurposed. This is America. 3 years at least

Ships have insurance. Directly or indirectly with Lloyds of London. But primarily covers just the ship and its cargo.

Back
Top Bottom