• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Massive bridge in Baltimore collapsed after being struck.

We can all assume/speculate what happened. Only those who were on the bridge and in control of the ship know the real reason. I'm sure they are being interviewed presently. Hopefully the answer will be forthcoming shortly.
Absolutely, but I’m not taking anyone’s word for it.

How much is a new bridge? Construction lead time?

I wonder if ships have insurance like cars. Will they have enough insurance coverage to cover a full bridge replacement and all the suits from the people who were hurt/killed.

My heart goes out to the families, hopefully nobody passed away.
One factor - this bridge was built in the 1970s. A new bridge will have to meet current construction standards which requires a clean sheet design. In addition to construction time - engineering, permits, environmental impact studies (and more permits), union restrictions. A lot of that will get waived, but it's still a long time.

As for cost - I remember the massive flooding of 2009 that took out bridges all over Georgia. The bridge on SR 166 over Annewakee Creek had to be replaced. CW Matthews built that one on an accelerated schedule over a few months and I think it cost over $20m. That's a 250'+/- bridge over rural creek.

how many billions and decades will it take to replace based on current regs?
Just call them portable carport folks they will have it going in a couple days at the most..I ordered a 18x26 for my camper they were done( 4 Mexicans )in 45 minutes start to finish.they each had a job when they got out of truck
Very impressing.

Prayers for the families involved.

Back
Top Bottom