• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Maximum number of primers stored limited by law?

10,000 primers stored in a residence is the "legal" point at which an insurance company can deny a fire claim that was caused by mass detonation of stored primers. If mass detonation occurs and causes the total loss of your home, your insurance carrier has the "legal" right to tell you to go f&^k yourself. You can lawfully store 100k primers in your home, just don't expect your homeowners insurance to cover the total loss of your home.

Last edited:
10,000 primers stored in a residence is the "legal" point at which an insurance company can deny a fire claim that was caused by mass detonation of stored primers. If mass detonation occurs and causes the total loss of your home, your insurance carrier has the "legal" right to tell you to go f&^k yourself. You can lawfully store 100k primers in your home, just don't expect your homeowners insurance to cover the total loss of your home.

So what do you have to back this up.

I think I may have hosed myself......

I don't think there is anything which could possibly back this up.

The 5 gal gas container for your mower will do much, much more to destroy a house than 100,000 primers ever could.

So true. My insurance policy says nothing about limiting powder or primers and that is the legal binding document that would be used should my house burn down.

There is a limit. Based on current technology, the total mass of the earth, converted to primers. With better technology, we could convert the rest of the solar system, and then the universe! Resistance is futile.

NFPA is a professional organization that makes recommendations for the purposes of fire safety. Many of their recommendations are adopted by governments as ordinances, fire codes and laws. Most of these would pertain to businesses and fire departments. I have seen very few references in NFPA manuals to residences. Where I work, this NFPA code would only apply if you were licensed to run a business at your residence, which would allow the part of your residence being used as a business to be inspected by the Fire Marshall, who probably wouldn't know this code anyway.

Back
Top Bottom